The New Fast and Furious stars Grand national !!!!?

you guys,did you like the v8 sound of a stick shift car,cause i sure hated not hearing the 3.8 v6 turbo spooling up the way a real gn sound like

you guys,did you like the v8 sound of a stick shift car,cause i sure hated not hearing the 3.8 v6 turbo spooling up the way a real gn sound like
must have been a GNX- you know, the ones that got the twin turbo V8 and a 5 speed.

That ain't no grand national. It's a v8 regal painted all black. If you take a fox body, throw an SBC in it, put some aftermarket rims on it, and paint it a non ford color, is it still a mustang? If you throw vodka and apple schnappes in with a dash of vermouth, and serve it in a martini glass, is it still a martini? Nope... Not by a long shot.

Thought my GN's value was going to sky rocket! Hope it has better coverage than what I have seen so far!:rolleyes: The car in the trailer sounded like a**!!!!

Agreed!

Anybody remember the TV show CHIPS? Man they would mess up the sound BIG TIME! A dirt bike would take off and sound like big street bike and 0.01 seconds later the camera cuts to a different angle of the same dirt bike and now it sounds like a 2 stroke.

I see Smack Down has noticed the trend to try to make those shooters with the silly names now seem classy by calling them "martinis"

:cool:

thats terrible, the movies have done enough horrible things to the import market now everyone is going to want a gn with a huge wing or something

That ain't no grand national. It's a v8 regal painted all black. If you take a fox body, throw an SBC in it, put some aftermarket rims on it, and paint it a non ford color, is it still a mustang? If you throw vodka and apple schnappes in with a dash of vermouth, and serve it in a martini glass, is it still a martini? Nope... Not by a long shot.

+1 Thank You

Always the optomist....I try to look at this from the positive angle.

....at least they didn't total a perfectly good GN and Turbo V6...

My stomach literally turns whenever I see a classic muscle car get grenaded by Hollywood...sort of like FF1 when they totalled the Charger and FF2 when they totalled the Yenko and the R/T Challenger....but then I realize...or is it hope... that they usually are working with rusted out stripped down unsalvagable base model cars that they put lipstick on and make look good enough for the stunt sequence.

Yeah I wouldnt get too excited. Looks like the "GN" for a lack of better words, will only be in the beginning of the movie until it gets totaled. So we get our 15 minutes of fame sort of, or more like 5 minutes of fame. Hopefully we dont have too many more " F&F 4 movie Gn Trailer" Cause Ive seen like 5 of them already. Maybe we should make this is a sticky to avoid repeated posts?

stop_repost.jpg

man this is OLD news...

LOL I think I've seen about 10 threads about this very same thing. I like the fact that they "thought" about a GN in this movie but did you really think they were going to smash up a mint condition actual GN??? they would be idiot...I'm glad they used a regular Regal...could have subbed in the turbo v6 sound instead of a crappy V8 sound

I like how they put the GN emblem on the far right side of the trunk

Take a gn to ANY body shop for a repaint, and I'll bet you ten bucks it'll come back like that. lol. Mine came the same way lol. Morons. How hard is it to mark down on a paper where they got the emblems from. Ahh well. At any rate, I LOVE the "Or I'll shoot this dog" quote lol. (though, I never condone any violence to animals lol)

Always the optomist....I try to look at this from the positive angle.

....at least they didn't total a perfectly good GN and Turbo V6...

My stomach literally turns whenever I see a classic muscle car get grenaded by Hollywood...sort of like FF1 when they totalled the Charger and FF2 when they totalled the Yenko and the R/T Challenger....but then I realize...or is it hope... that they usually are working with rusted out stripped down unsalvagable base model cars that they put lipstick on and make look good enough for the stunt sequence.

That's what I have heard, is that the Charger was a rust bucket, and the Yenko Camaro was just a base model Camaro clone. The GN in the new movie is probably a grandma Regal dressed up like one, it probably even still has a 307 Olds engine.

They did, it was I think one of the main cars that wasn't intended for stunts. And if you remember it too was full of holes once the body was media blasted.