The latest version of my 1987 Turbo T...very happy with the car right now!

gtfrede

Designated LSX Hater
FB_IMG_1442793064582.jpg
2015-08-03 23.44.49.jpg
FB_IMG_1441742580871.jpg
FB_IMG_1445746555822.jpg

Well Im not sure how up to date my signature is for modifications. Still have not cut on anything on the car. I drive it every single fair weather day basically. It is a riot with the 6776 on 20psi on pump gas only and runs consistant 7.1-7.0s at our local 1/8th mile track. Helluva street car. Only suspension mods have been in the front end to transfer weight (tubular uppers with solid bushing with lakewood 90/10s and no sway bar). Has run a best of 6.83 with a best mph of 104 with better fuel and only adding timing with a fairly week 60' (1.65). Still have yet to turn the wick up on it but i'm eager to try 28-30 psi at some point to see what it does. Still maintains full interior with power everything.

Special thanks to my uncle who is the only reason I was able to get the car. My father saved it out of a collector yard back in 97' as a very small diameter tree had layed over the passenger front fender and some point in its life and got the fender/hood and pushed the turbo down some. Traded a 86' ramcharger to the guy straight up. Car then was fixed to factory specs with new front clip from an 87 GN and painted factory silver.

I have owned the car for a few years now and got it to the level its at with the help of obviously my Uncle Joe, Lonnie Diers with a stout 2004r, Dusty who spec'd the 10 inch ptc lockup and Don/Jason with the engine work (roller cam specs and basic rebuild with forged pistons and arp hardware and whatever magic cruz does on rebuilds).

I don't deserve such an amazing turbo regal but I sure am glad it has stayed in the family.

Its come a long way since I have had it and it tickles me to death to toss my pops the keys and the smile it puts on his face now :D

Went from 14.1's on a full pass to coasting 11.4s letting out at the 1/8th.

Last edited:
Great job! Car looks really good with the black wheels

Thanks buddy it has taught me alot along the way about the cars...to the point i can have the motor on the stand from running in an hour and a half lol

are those stock wheels painted black? car looks like its fun as hell.

no those are inertia advantage wheels from summit they were my test wheels for fitment and ended up working out perfect. I thought they would be heavier too being a steel wheel but believe it or not the weight difference between the gold gtas and these ended up only being 2 pounds.

It is a blast to drive...cant believe It doesnt even leak anymore I actually sealed up a buick motor...very suprising lmao