The GN-X-Ray Project

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Well as I finally have gotten somewhere with my project I figured I would let everyone know what i'm doing and see the progress from Before & After and the progress as I go along. Iv'e been working with the owner of (X-ray) and he has been great help and supports me all the way on doing this project.

The pictures will be posted in a "Before & After" sequence so you can see what it looked like when I first got it and how it looks now.

* The fender louvers Are functional!
* The vented headlights are made out of stamped round alluminum
* The Emblems- "GN-X & X-Ray" were both brought together to make "GN-X-Ray" :)
* The Emblems were made by a company I use and we will see alot more of there art work in the future! ;)
* The "asc" plate was professionally done using laser. Thanks to Rick for letting me borrow an orriginal to get it dead on!!
* I Won't be going with a "GNX" style rear end. I feel with todays technology that a better performing combination can be done instead!
* I won't be doing the fender flares yet either at this time. I feel that the flares do not look right unless the tires are properly backspaced or the GNX rims are used.

** Also in the works is a custom radiator "Boxed in air kit" is in the works made out of aluminum to make 100% of the air coming through the grill opening go through the radiator! And the kit will also include foam to close up the opening between the radiator & the fan so the fan will pull 100% of it's air through the radiator with no CFM loss.. :)

The rear of the car is next and should be done in a few days..

Hope you enjoy!
Scot W.

Attachments

• New 86' white T   005.jpg
    New 86' white T 005.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 370
  • New 86' white T    016.jpg
    New 86' white T 016.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 367
  • New 86' white T      012.jpg
    New 86' white T 012.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 368
  • X-ray 002.jpg
    X-ray 002.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 374
  • X-ray 001.jpg
    X-ray 001.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 371
Emblems!

Here are some pic's of the emblems..

Attachments

• X-ray 006.jpg
    X-ray 006.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 361
  • X-ray 008.jpg
    X-ray 008.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 359
  • X-ray 011.jpg
    X-ray 011.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 364
  • X-ray 013.jpg
    X-ray 013.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 361
X-Ray

Lookin good. Very nice build. Can you show a better pic or larger of the vented headlights and where I might pick up a set. To sharpen the interior a little to go with the X-concept you should get your head rests or at least your floor mats done/embroidered in that GN-X-RAY motif that would look way cool and tie it all together. Gn-X-Ray would look realy nice on your floor mats get them done in a decent size (but make the X bigger) Just like the badging above the glove box Gn in red the X-white and Ray -red.. Sure like the leather interior HECK SURE LIKE YOUR CAR

Lookin good. Very nice build. Can you show a better pic or larger of the vented headlights.
Thank You!
In do time, They are in the mock up stage right now and don't want mock up pic's posted before the finished ones. Same goes for the fender louvers right now, I'm working on both at the moment.

Scot W.

Looking GREAT man !!!!!!!!! I had thought about doing that to my T when I repaint her but chickened out lol. My 86 T is black with the chrome bumpers and blackout trim , I was told there wasn't a lot of them built like that so I decided to stay with it but that white looks GREAT!!!!!!!!! If we put them side by side it would look like good and evil hahahhhaha

Attachments

• 100_1123.jpg
    100_1123.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 324
Nice, I hope to have some pics of the TNX assembled starting next week.

Are you foregoing GNX fender flares?

Are you foregoing GNX fender flares?
Iv'e got mixed feelings with the fender flares! I feel in order to have the flares you must have the right backspacing or the correct rims that make them look right. I havn't ruled them out yet..

Scot W.

Iv'e got mixed feelings with the fender flares! I feel in order to have the flares you must have the right backspacing or the correct rims that make them look right. I havn't ruled them out yet..

Scot W.

Do the Flares!!!!!!

IMHO ;)

Scot W.

I agree, I just hope the Skulte backspacers I get are as good as people say, it's a concern of mine because the ZR1's I chose are already tucked in a little too much.

I agree, I just hope the Skulte backspacers I get are as good as people say, it's a concern of mine because the ZR1's I chose are already tucked in a little too much.
Let me know how they work! Your car is coming along nice!

Scot W.