The cost of victory....

breiter

Coolboost
Just have to share this one with my turbo Buick brothers and sisters. I was on my way home from the local strip last night and a little Honda Prelude, who I saw earlier at the strip, was cruising along beside me. We stopped at a few red lights and he would kind of rev up a little (yes he had that annoying loud muffler tin can sound) and take as if to call me out. Finally, after about 4 red lights of this I decided to spank him. The funny thing is I was not in my GN. I was driving my Golden Eagle Jeep. It is a little 304 4-speed that is basically stock. I guess he thought he would have an easy kill in his little 10 second 1/8 mile car. Now I will be the first to tell you that my Jeep isn't fast and I consider it a cruiser but what the heck. I took off in first gear as normal but when I went to second he "kicked" it (if you can call it that) so I engaged. I pulled him through second and third then let off because I proved my point. As I went to shift into 4th fourth the shifter would not move. I shifted pretty hard into 3rd earlier and I guess the shifter fork got hung (again) so I limped it home in 3rd. So this weekend I get to fix that. Stupid? Probably but not a big deal. It was the cost of victory.

PS - just got my GN back from paint. Almost looks to good to drive :)