The best recepies... part 1

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
:cool:Ive been eating, and eating some more latley and I have noticed that Americans are starting to eat out more latley because its cheaper and quicker, but 90 percent of the time unhealthy. People rarely take the time to eat a good wholsome dinner at home with the family. Spawning from a family from the south that believes that good food and family bonding/eating go hand in hand... and well I share some of them with you..

Home recipies

Cickin Curry Chicken
(heartburn sufferers bewarned)
3-4 sliced boneless chicken breast
4 1/2 cups of Jasmine rice (cooks fast)
vegetable medley of green beans, carrots, corn, peas,
Olive oil
curry powder
salt n peppa

1 get a pot and turn it on medium and put enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pot and let the oil warm up.
2 slice up the boneless chicken breast and place it in the pot and let it fry for a little bit.
3 put the rice on in a seperate pot. If u use jasmine rice it cooks fast
4 check the chicken and flip the chicken pieces over and be sure that the thickest pieces of chicken are cooked to 165 DEGREES unless unless you like your food tartar. make sure there is no pink visible on chicken slices because it means that its not fried/cooked enough.
5 fry the chicken until ALL the pieces are 165 degrees. at 165 degrees add a little salt, a little pepper, and as much curry powder as you want.
6 check the rice it should be done... if its done, salt, pepper, and add some sage to the rice.
7 If you are using frozen vegetables put them in the pot with the frying chicken breast and cook until the frozen vegetables are fully coocked, at this time the chicken and rice should be fully cooked,
8 you should now have a pot full of curry chicken and vegetables and some rice to the side, my advice is to eat them all together

Did anyone actually try this.....:)

Next is a more modern meal I call the Steak itis

Find any steak you want and fry it in a pot with olive oil.... then find some potatoes and cut them up and fry them in a seperate pot. Add some sage, salt, pepper, and oregano if you want to.
you will have a good hearty meal that is high in protien

Best Beans EVER

First find a 5lbs bag of pinto beans and let them soak for at least 6 hours... the longer you soak them... the faster they cook. cook some rice in a seperate pot. after the beans have cooked for awhile feel free to throw in a hambone or hamhock into the pot and let it boil the meat off of the bone, then give the bone to the dog to get him out of the kitchen:smile:.

when the beans are cooked, they will be soft and and meat will be sooo tender that it falls off of the bone. dont bother adding salt while cooking because the beans soak up the salt immediatley. my advice is to eat them together.

PS... EAT THE BEANS ON THE TOILET... will go through your system in about 61/2 hours sharp:biggrin:

If you dont care about your heart and are willing to try new horizons of gluttony try this

Luther Burger (idea taken from watching the boondocks)
(WARNING will cause food itis, drowsyness, sleepyness, fullness, heart attack, weight gain, sharp increase in blood pressure, fainting, decreased libido, decreased sex drive, maybe no sex, ulcers, zits, low self esteem, ridicule, spontaneous combustion, ect:biggrin:)

get a pound of ground beef and fry it into a large hamburger patty cook to 165degrees , fry atleast 10 strips of your favorite bacon, melted slices of american cheese, fry up a sweet onion or bread an onion and deep fry it, then you now have a choice... you can either use a large onion or potato bun or use several krispy kreame donuts. some make thier own large glazed donuts. then you need some beer battered fries, some of your favorite condiments, and a bucket:biggrin:.

Stack in the following sequence...
either a bun or bread of your choice or 2 glazed donutss
the 1 pound broiled burger patty fully cooked
add the 10 strips of bacon your choice
add the american cheese or any burger cheese you like
add the slices of fried sweet onion (buy washington sweet onions)
some put french fries at this point but you dont have to
add the top bun or krispy kreme donut
put some diced bacon/onion/sugar on top and you have a death sentence... I mean Luther burger.... stay tuned for part 2

Where's the Prime Rib thread when you need it. LOL Dan did a good job telling us how to do one. Do a search and I'm sure you'll find it.

Herb Baked Chicken

Ingredients:
-2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-1/4 tsp oregano
-1/4 tsp dried ground rosemary
-1/4 tsp ground marjoram
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- nonstick cooking spray

Place chicken in a baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Mix all the seasonings in a small bowl or ziplock bag. I like the Ziplock because you can make more than necessary and save the leftovers. Anyway, now brush the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings. Bake at 450 for 30-35 minutes.

Dan sure does know some good recipes, doesn't he Ty.:biggrin::tongue: LOL I didn't say you didn't cook one, just that Dan told you how Ty.:eek::tongue:

Ok Chuck, you win:biggrin:

But you can give Enzo Ferrari all the parts to build a car and it still isn't a Italian Ricer until it is built by the grunt on the assembly line:p
nixon.gif

I actually have a "bangin" recipe for Mac and cheese, its so thick you can almost feel your heart start to clog.
I will guarantee it can not hold a candle to the mac & cheese my wife makes, the recipe was handed down from my grandmother.

I will guarantee it can not hold a candle to the mac & cheese my wife makes, the recipe was handed down from my grandmother.

Whoa whoa whoa, NOBODY disrespects my Mac and cheese................Nobody:mad::p lol. There is only one way to settle this I guess, What state are you in?

yea right give out the secret family recipe? I would rather get my testicles cut off with a dull rusty knife.

Well you are married after all so I figure they're already removed, aren't they?:tongue::eek::biggrin: JK

Are you afraid of the wife? Come on and post it.:tongue: