Thanks Shane!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Boy, this has been a long time coming! Thanks Shane! Now we can get our cars to go around a corner with style and efficiency. I hope we can come up with some cost effective suspension mods that work that don't cost a fortune.
Conrad

Boy, this has been a long time coming! Thanks Shane! Now we can get our cars to go around a corner with style and efficiency. I hope we can come up with some cost effective suspension mods that work that don't cost a fortune.
Conrad
AMEN! I myself would Love to see a budget build compete against the so called big dogs but I am still yet to see it actually happen in the real world of Buick Regals! I would like to see how some of those "don't cost a fortune" suspension set ups Fare on a Auto-x with guy's with better suspensions... I am here today doing it at least 3-5 times a year and against cars with MUCH better suspensions than me and kicking some Arse!! I would love to see just half of these "Pro-touring" cars here compete to see how well their set up works!! This means not just on the street but on a course with others in your category... Hopefully the TB.com Nats will be the first place to actually show what you got.....??

Scot W.

I 've been trying to put together a budget build myself, talked to a few who are out there on those tracks found out some run stock arms, good tires and good swaybar out front, then rubber bushings out back with stock uppers , a good set of lower arms with good sphereical heim joints and a decent sway bar,and and still do good.

I dont want to be ubber competetive, just have fun....... and in my case... drive it home.

In my case steel rims, 17's NASCAR style.... Maybe BFG KDW tires (big Plus), Ls1 brake conversion in all 4 corners, as for the suspension..... the rear would pretty much be the same as I have always wanted.
Stock boxed upper arms with rubber bushing on the frame side poly on the axle, good lowers with a heavy duty shereical heim joint on the axle, and GW Del A Lum bushings on the frame, and a good sway bar, maybe a HR parts and Stuff bar, or a Sphon.

As for the rear springs, seen ones from a a-body used ,that were trimmed and then used a spacer filler mount on the spring perch to hold them in, the shocks will be adjustable.

Up front two different versions.......

( #1 ) Stock arms with GW Del A Lum bushings upper and lower, 36mm Hollow F-Body sway bar. and retain my current springs( but trim them down for a lower stance) and spindle.

(#2) Stock lower arms with GW Del A Lum bushings, and a custom UB Machine upper arms, set up for a tall spindle, but with a twist ....a larger upper balljoint mount plate designed for a C-10 Upper ball joint, effectively a taller ball joint like Howe Machine's, then a 36 mm F-body sway bar,and retain my current springs( but trim them down for a lower stance).

I also want to get the lower control arm foward frame mount braces, then get the upper and lower rear trailing arm frame mounts tie braces.

I already have , the GN fast ratio Steering Box with the Jeep Steering Shaft upgrade, radiator X-brace, front frame Jounce Bars, the Pontiac F-41 Grand Prix bar, Poly Body Bushing Kit, with poly GNX Bushing upgrade, radiator support to fender braces and GW Billet Tie-rod sleeves.

I made homemade frame horn tie bars for the front and the rear, got to get rear seat X-Braces.... a friend of mine came up with a cool idea on what to do for that.. more that later.

The rest will be up to me to learn to drive it,