thanks for all the great info

back up plan going down ... really learning some stuff ... yes I have a problem LOL...
a spare motor for the future ... always be prepared ... looks like #1 blew on this 80 K mile motor .... pretty good all in all spins really nice LOL

E71CA210-6FB4-4B1B-86E5-03D5E5B223C7.jpeg
cover_1.jpg
cover_2.jpg
cover_3.jpg
cover_4.jpg
BuickV6Intakes.JPG

that was # 3 cap minor scoring ...should be ok for a stock rebuild ...caps showed some detonation...but should lap out...someone has been teaching me a lot ...maybe build a motor with some balls one day LOL

Grass Doctor,
Just wondering, why a stock rebuild with so many aftermarket upgraded parts available?

that was # 3 cap minor scoring ...should be ok for a stock rebuild ...caps showed some detonation...but should lap out...someone has been teaching me a lot ...maybe build a motor with some balls one day LOL
Maybe time to jump into a stage block? TA?

Grass Doctor,
Just wondering, why a stock rebuild with so many aftermarket upgraded parts available?
because a stock motor was meant to live ...a very reliable fun car to drive ...hell mines made it 33 years and still going strong with general maintenance ...the gm engineers made it that way...now you start playing with fire your gonna get burned at some point...LOL...but what fun is that ...dont get me wrong id like to push the limit ..but not on my baby ...that will come in the form of neglected t-type or turbo t ...ready to rise from the ashes ...nothing pretty ...but all business :devil:...why ruin an all original CF5 GN...ignorant IMOP

because a stock motor was meant to live ...a very reliable fun car to drive ...hell mines made it 33 years and still going strong with general maintenance ...the gm engineers made it that way...now you start playing with fire your gonna get burned at some point...LOL...but what fun is that ...dont get me wrong id like to push the limit ..but not on my baby ...that will come in the form of neglected t-type or turbo t ...ready to rise from the ashes ...nothing pretty ...but all business :devil:...why ruin an all original CF5 GN...ignorant IMOP

My backup engine in the works!

Grass Doctor's backup engine getting tested on the dyno. :LOL:

now I will say ..correction...mines not all original...got new chip and maf ,and vacuum brakes for better drivability....but im not trying to prove anything or beat anyone.. I just enjoy starter her up every week and going for a drive and getting the thumbs up from people who remember a better time in our world...going to show and shines and meeting guys and gals ...and talking about the times we had and the people we've met..."showing off is the fools idea of Glory" Bruce Lee....but I am a fool...;)

now I will say ..correction...mines not all original...got new chip and maf ,and vacuum brakes for better drivability....but im not trying to prove anything or beat anyone.. I just enjoy starter her up every week and going for a drive and getting the thumbs up from people who remember a better time in our world...going to show and shines and meeting guys and gals ...and talking about the times we had and the people we've met..."showing off is the fools idea of Glory" Bruce Lee....but I am a fool...;)

Now you're talkin!!! :):):)

Grass Doctor,
I know that everyone has their own idea of how to enjoy their car.
I'm glad to see that you enjoy yours so much.
I'm not second guessing your decisions for you, just wanted to understand what went into your thought process to do a stock rebuild.
I'm not suggesting that you use a Stage Motor or build up a TA Block.
I'm just thinking that if I was putting in the effort to do a rebuild I'd probably like to make reasonable upgrades where possible, since you are putting in the work effort anyway.
I know that you like to cruise and show, nothing wrong with that.
The stock TR's have plenty of power for that, and I believe that they are good looking cars!
I hope that your original engine lasts a good long time, and you won't even need your spare !! ;)

Grass Doctor,
I know that everyone has their own idea of how to enjoy their car.
I'm glad to see that you enjoy yours so much.
I'm not second guessing your decisions for you, just wanted to understand what went into your thought process to do a stock rebuild.
I'm not suggesting that you use a Stage Motor or build up a TA Block.
I'm just thinking that if I was putting in the effort to do a rebuild I'd probably like to make reasonable upgrades where possible, since you are putting in the work effort anyway.
I know that you like to cruise and show, nothing wrong with that.
The stock TR's have plenty of power for that, and I believe that they are good looking cars!
I hope that your original engine lasts a good long time, and you won't even need your spare !! ;)
10/4 buddy ...I was about to go down that road of modifying her...then the more I read and more I learned ...I reeled it in LOL...just really dont think much is needed for say 350/400 hp ...but I agree with your thoughts totally....reasonable upgrades like probably some nice quality bearings and arp studs..possibly billet caps for 2 and 3 and since you can't get a stock cam ..that will be an upgrade...with better springs ...so it should be a nice reliable close to stock motor...I guess I worry too much LOL...thank you for your comments and interest ...cheers my friend :cool:

Bump up that cam too. You will still find the car Very reliable with mild upgrades as the new technology brings that old school tech up to the 21st century!! I have enjoyed my car for 28 years with upgrades and still have #'s matching drive train and old school r 22. You just have to be smart and not push your car to the limit......to much :D