Th400 Trans temps

FASTV6HENRY

For you guys running th400 what temps are you seeing? I have a FTI th400 with a 3500 non lockup stall. I have a deralle cooler with fan that comes on at 180 and also a heat sink. And here in florida it gets hot. I tend to see around 190-195 on normal driving but if i get on the car i can see 210-215. I just wanted to know how that compares to similar set ups and if that's normal and what temp should i be trying to stay under. Here are a couple of pictures (everyone likes pictures)

Attachments

• cooler 1.jpg
    cooler 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 90
  • cooler 2.jpg
    cooler 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 78
Sounds normal to me . As long as the temp comes down after you get off it . My 400 is right around those same temps FYI

That temp is ok. I would put a manual switch on the fan and bypass the thermal switch. That way you can keep it cooler and tackle the heat sooner before it gets that hot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That temp is ok. I would put a manual switch on the fan and bypass the thermal switch. That way you can keep it cooler and tackle the heat sooner before it gets that hot.

I will give that a shot. Do you think replacing the heat sink with another plate & fin cooler will help also?

I will give that a shot. Do you think replacing the heat sink with another plate & fin cooler will help also?
I would remove that heat sink. That fan and cooler you have should be enough to cool it down. That's a good fan setup

On mine I just run the cooler fan 24.7 when the car is on. It gets hot here as well in Arizona and California. When its super cold out I can turn it off if needed

On mine I just run the cooler fan 24.7 when the car is on. It gets hot here as well in Arizona and California. When its super cold out I can turn it off if needed

What do your temps look like?

My temps are around 165-180. After a few blasts it may quickly shoot to 220. With my overkill equipment, I can quickly cool it down though.

They very like anything. But never over 200 to 205 after some pulls. Summer time stop and go traffic and 120deg outside sucks. I'm at work or I would look at my data logs as I log it

Are you guys just running a single cooler? I am going to remove the heat sink but the reason i ask if a secondary cooler will help is because i already have one sitting around.

Just a single cooler hear. I run the largest b&m fan cooler they sell. Its smaller then the one you have I think. The Darrell is a sweet unit. I would love to switch mine but it's not needed at this time. Maybe down the road I will for fun

I just checked both coolers are almost the exact same size pushing the same 500 CFM. So i will bypass the 180 switch to manual and remove the heat sink and see how that goes. I assume you have a similar stall speed that produces the same amount of heat. i think that is where the majority of the heat is coming from.

I've run a even higher stall speed then you and a converter that was stupid loose. Now I'm in the same area as you

I'm running a Setrab with a manual switch activated fan in the old intercooler location.

I'm also using a Tilton pump to circulate fluid from the pan and send it through an 11 x 8 B&M cooler with a 8" Spall fan mounted out back. One single manual switch from battery power activates this set-up so it can be used even if the car isn't running.

I'm running a Setrab with a manual switch activated fan in the old intercooler location.

I'm also using a Tilton pump to circulate fluid from the pan and send it through an 11 x 8 B&M cooler with a 8" Spall fan mounted out back. One single manual switch from battery power activates this set-up so it can be used even if the car isn't running.
Picture?