Th400 swap 95% complete.

Wahoo

So i finally was able to drive the car with the th400.

The transmission was used and basicaly stock with a b&m transgo shift kit so i was told, i was also told it shifts so hard itll knock my teeth out per the seller. It supposedly was a good working tranny with maybe 10k miles.

I had a local transmission shop go through it and do the converter feed restrictor mode, and check it out for any issues.

Fast forward to my driving experience, i hooked it up with my column shift, and its still auto valve body.

It shifts pretty firm but it doesnt bark the tires or shift as hard as i expected. The transmission currently shift at 4k rpm which seems too low,but then again i have stock cam and stock valve springs currently. I am running a 3k stall converter with it, and so far i like how it drives but was hoping for it to bark the tires lol, and maybe shift a little higher so i can be faster at the track.

And I don't think you even have to take a trans fluid bath like the 2004r

are you using a vacuum modulator or a cable modulator.
Vacuum modulator, and it is hooked up to vacuum only. The car is fun to drive but at like 40mph cruising im at 2k rpm lol, i havent taken it on the through way but id guess to be at like 2.5k @55

Have you gone WOT yet to see where is shift ? I've heard of ppl having issues with the vacuum when in boost . I went with a reverse manual valve body and truthfully it isn't that bad having to shift . Please post up when u go WOT and the shift points curious and how you are going to pull it off when in boost from a dig going through all the gears.

Have you gone WOT yet to see where is shift ? I've heard of ppl having issues with the vacuum when in boost . I went with a reverse manual valve body and truthfully it isn't that bad having to shift . Please post up when u go WOT and the shift points curious and how you are going to pull it off when in boost from a dig going through all the gears.
I have the vacuum modulator tee'd into my throttle body vacuum block, which only sees vacuum. My car is a hot air too, so in reality the throttle body is in front of the turbo and can only see vacuum.

One thing im curious about is what if when i get into boost does the throttle body still see vacuum since the turbo is spinning fast and drawing in more air, because the transmission is only supposed to see vacuum while driving light throttle, and when you go WOT, its supposed to not have any vacuum.

Like i said if i go wot it shift at 4k rpm currently.