Test Pipe Wanted

Dark86

Hi,
I am installing one of Earl Brown's vacuum brake kits to my 86 GN. I seemed to have lost the little charcoal filter that is on the vacuum line between the "T" junction and the booster. Having a hell of a time locating one online. Anyone know a supplier for these? I live in the North, so if any Canadian knows a local supplier for them, that would be really helpful.

Thanks a lot!
Scott

Hi Pacecarta,
That's great, thank you VERY much! The part number really helps me out with maybe getting it locally, or I can get it off of ebay.

Thanks for helping me out!
Scott

Hi,
I am installing one of Earl Brown's vacuum brake kits to my 86 GN. I seemed to have lost the little charcoal filter that is on the vacuum line between the "T" junction and the booster. Having a hell of a time locating one online. Anyone know a supplier for these? I live in the North, so if any Canadian knows a local supplier for them, that would be really helpful.

Thanks a lot!
Scott
Rockauto.com has them. It's a Dorman and is listed under 87 buick regal non turbo.

I installed my vacuum setup in ‘97. I got it from an ‘86 Monte SS in a salvage yard. I don’t remember it having a charcoal filter so I didn’t install one. It’s been working well since then.
I’m not sure one is needed and would make a cleaner install??

You really don't need it. Back in the day when cars had old carbs that would drip raw fuel into the intake and need rebuilding, it was important to prolong the life of the booster innards.

With port fuel injection and doesn't have leaky float bowls, it's not really needed. I've phased it out of my kits now.