Tesla Plaid

chopped39

When electric cars are the in thing I am getting a horse and buggy. "Going slow with class". Then they can shit on the highways! Electric cars are cheap up here because they get some free charges and don't pay road tax. When you have to pay all the bills let me know how cheap they are. :eek:
Illinois changed their shit for EV .Plate stickers are I think $280 a year . A guy I work with has one . Cool car and really fast said it is equal to a 1000hp car. They did a study with our higher ups and charged a Tesla over night and they said charging the battery used ten times what the house consumes in one night. So now they are all in shambles about the electric car stuff. But they still have a hundred electric f-150 pick ups on order.LOL

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
They did a study with our higher ups and charged a Tesla over night and they said charging the battery used ten times what the house consumes in one night. So now they are all in shambles about the electric car stuff.
That makes a lot of sense!
Energy to move an object is the same regardless of the energy used.

What will be interesting to see is providing heat energy for homes from the Tesla, and recharging the batteries at work the next day. Lol.

Jerryl

FWIW;
The Plaid battery capacity is ~100 kWh which is good for <400 miles. If you use 10% of the battery in a day (40 miles) and assuming 100% efficiency, it requires 10 kWh for a single recharge.

My house in Texas uses about 100-130 kWh/month, or 3-4 kWh/day.

deezdad

All this tech & they haven't found a way to solar charge them? Like imbedded solar panels in body/paint..

Grumpy

Thread killer
FWIW;
The Plaid battery capacity is ~100 kWh which is good for <400 miles. If you use 10% of the battery in a day (40 miles) and assuming 100% efficiency, it requires 10 kWh for a single recharge.

My house in Texas uses about 100-130 kWh/month, or 3-4 kWh/day.
He has some wiz bang charger. Tesla only wants an 80% charge. I forget how long it takes to charge.

SS/GN

This biggest problem up here is the grid. if we all went electric cars by 2025 or what ever they suggest we would not have the electrical grid to support. Remember the great black out? I hear rumors to generate more electric capacity they are going to increase the wind around wind turbines and speed the water up over Niagra Falls. An idea without a plan is just a dream. However our Liberals have many dreams...................or just a fantasy?

salvageV6

Daily Driver
That sounds like REAL climate change done by man, I guess the libby's are all for that if it keeps their golf carts charged. :rolleyes:

corsair231

1000 -1300 kWh (sheez)
Now Jerryl, you have gone and shattered my image of you. I trusted you and here you go and post wrong figures. How dare you! I thought Asians were good with math and stuff, and me? I believed you without question. The shame, the shame, oh! the agony.

You need to redeem yourself, 2+2 is what?

Lol. :LOL:

Jerryl

Now Jerryl, you have gone and shattered my image of you. I trusted you and here you go and post wrong figures. How dare you! I thought Asians were good with math and stuff, and me? I believed you without question. The shame, the shame, oh! the agony.

You need to redeem yourself, 2+2 is what?

Lol. :LOL:
Momentary lapse in judgement. I need to find some Chinese friends. . . ROFL