Tesla Plaid

Pronto

You can't knock them up with spit.
Figured it was Smitty. He sure knows his cars so if he's impressed then it means something for sure.

SS/GN

When electric cars are the in thing I am getting a horse and buggy. "Going slow with class". Then they can shit on the highways! Electric cars are cheap up here because they get some free charges and don't pay road tax. When you have to pay all the bills let me know how cheap they are. :eek:

LANDAU LIMITED

Tell what? If you want to spend that kind of money on a electric car go ahead and get one. Whatever makes you happy. I just believe their not as great as they are advertised. Time will tell. So buyer beware.

Grumpy

Thread killer
It's only $$$$$. Live it up while your here. ;) He's old :ROFLMAO: an can do whatever he wants. $130k is a lot of money BUT. Ask guys what they have in the BUICKS (MAKE SURE THE WIFE ISN'T AROUND) :eek:

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
When you have to pay all the bills let me know how cheap they are. :eek:
yep. As in replacing the batteries, disposing of them, and the labor to do so.
I've seen announcements that if the batteries short to the frame, you'll be electrocuted, when you open the door.
I guess that's why the recalls are to put insulated door handles on them.....

Grumpy

Thread killer
yep. As in replacing the batteries, disposing of them, and the labor to do so.
I've seen announcements that if the batteries short to the frame, you'll be electrocuted, when you open the door.
I guess that's why the recalls are to put insulated door handles on them.....

Car would be sold before batteries died. Electronics are crazy in the car. Power everything. All done on a screen. He's a 3/4 year man then moves on to another car. . Thats good to me !! I am watching the car closely. Ill post the good and the bad. How does the expression go "I'm from Missouri show me" ;) Already busting him with all the fires they have .

Grumpy

Thread killer
I have a problem with it's power. Melissa finally broke into the 8s @ 150 . This car runs 9.2 @ 150+++ > Hard to tell ya how it feels . Well time will tell. :unsure: :(

corsair231

Car would be sold before batteries died. Electronics are crazy in the car. Power everything. All done on a screen. He's a 3/4 year man then moves on to another car. .
This is one of the things that bothers me about the EV's. As they become more available on the used market, people who can't really afford one will be able to get into them only to get caught with repair/maintenance costs that they can't afford or like a computer, it'll be some update that will make them unusable and non-repairable. Now the higher dollar Plaids and exotics will hold some value so they may be worth repairing once or twice but just like gas cars, many of them, especially the entry level EV's, will end up sitting behind someone's house with the intent of fixing them when they get the money only to eventually rot away. How good for the environment will they be then?

salvageV6

Daily Driver
That car will track you and your every move, and datalog it all as well. My 35 year old Buick, not so much. ;) :coffee:
They even have cameras aimed at the driver, hopefully you can turn those off when Grumpy's in the car. :p
I think $130K might get you a fast Buick and a SUV for the winter. :cool:
I flipped an electric golf cart once at Laurel View Country Club so I'm out. o_O

Pronto

You can't knock them up with spit.
Ford has partnered with Redwood Materials to recycle the batteries to lessen the imported materials chain. GM is using the company Li-Cycle and Tesla recycles their own batteries. There will be a whole new industry of recycling the batteries that will grow with more electric vehicles.

Grumpy

Thread killer
never mind all the stuff you guys are talking about ... hold up ;) my first an last question to these electric cars. how the hell is the electric power grid goin to handle all these cars they want all of us to drive ? hell kalifornia has blackouts all the time. I am goin to stay with gas for now with a station wagon for the dog. easy for him to get in an outta the car. going to look at one next week . Benz E63 S AMG Wagon :cool:

Grumpy

Thread killer
hmmm... writing this is weird.. like someone is looking at me threw the computer :eek:
:ROFLMAO:

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Love it, hate it, or don't care.
Hard to argue the acceleration.