Tensioner

There NOT available at our Napa's up here in WA. ?? In fact the last one they found me over a year ago now was found in Boston.

Thanks for the info guys. I just so happened to call napa and they are the only people that have it complete. $95.xx and they have some local. Ive got an offer for one also....so unless these fall thru, it looks like I should be able to come up with one. Highway stars has them for $379:eek::rolleyes:. I like highway stars alot but I thought they were out there to help us out when we needed a new part discontinued from gm for a fair price, but not stick it to ya on something like this cuz they know no one else has new ones........im just sayin'

Looked online at napa website and that looks good...thanks for the part#

I called NAPA and the guy said his computer showed nothing available nationwide. I am in the Detroit area - need drivebelt tensioner NBH 38374.

Yup, I ordered one too from Napa. Week or better later NO tensioner, so I call them and they tell me NONE avaiable. So much for that.

Guys,
Here is a brand new GM tensioner that got an ear broke off when mounted on a new engine. Has ZERO run time and has been fixed (welded) and I'm sure it is just fine. Long bolt does not come with it, just showing it all lines up fine. Does NOT have a pulley but they can still be bought new. I'll take $50 and $12 mailing for it. Thanks Mike

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    499.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    794.4 KB · Views: 29
Guys,
Here is a brand new GM tensioner that got an ear broke off when mounted on a new engine. Has ZERO run time and has been fixed (welded) and I'm sure it is just fine. Long bolt does not come with it, just showing it all lines up fine. Does NOT have a pulley but they can still be bought new. I'll take $50 and $12 mailing for it. Thanks Mike

Thanks Mike, Thats a good deal but I bought a used one already. Anybody need it......all yours, i've got one.

Lucky you bought it when you did off of me. My buddy asked me this week if I knew where to get one. I hope someone out there will be making these tensioners again.

Lucky you bought it when you did off of me. My buddy asked me this week if I knew where to get one. I hope someone out there will be making these tensioners again.

Im pretty sure Brian at gbody has a couple of used units. Thanks for your tensioner... I put it in and it works like a charm. Mine was making this rattling noise and everybody told me that I needed a shorter belt....nope, that didnt work. Needed the tensioner:)

My buddy Mike just sold his GN this past weekend so he does not need it anymore. Glad it worked out I'm using the Champion bracket now.