television

jlat

hello people; Any of you turbo heads buy a new TV lately? I want to get one soon. Any thoughts?
IBBY

Set a budget, buy the best you can find inside that budget.

The days of a TV lasting 30+ years are over. They might last five or ten before the power supply dies. Factor that into your budget decision.

Beyond that, have fun. It's a commodity item. It's like toilet paper. Go to the store and pick the one you like the best that fits in your budget and take it home.

Pretty well what Turbo6inKY said. When it comes to Stereos I always buy hi end. I was thinking of buying the Samsung Curved 9000 series but just couldn't see spending that much money so I bought the Samsung Curved 7700 series, it has 240 Hz refresh, 4K of course. Found the picture settings on line and I must say the picture just pops out and if you sit close to the TV the curve really gives the picture depth after a certain distance the curve is a non factor.

Go to the show rooms and check out the units in your price range!

We bought one a couple years ago. Did my research and wanted a Samsung. Went to all the stores and found what we were looking for. The best price was at Target!
Couldn't believe it. Save $200 over the others same TV.
KID

hello people; Has anyone bought one on line?
IBBY
Yes I did a couple years ago. I bought a 54" VISIO smart tv. It even came with 3D which promptly quit being offered by Comcast. It wasn't that great anyhow. One thing I didn't like about online buying was when I came home one day and there was this huge,well marked carton sitting on my front porch for all the world to see. It's a wonder it didn't get ripped off. But, if you want to buy online, just go to your local electronics store and check out the set you want. Then go to Amazon or whoever and order it.

I got Vizio's about 5-6 years back after some research. They're cheap, look great, and have never missed a beat. Products can change a lot in 5-6 years though. I hear a lot of people singing Samsung praises these days.

If your vision isn't too good I wouldn't bother with the 4k hype. No point in buying 4k if your eyeballs only see in 720.

we bought a dynex which I think is the house brand at best buy. As above, we went down there with an idea of what we would spend and came home with it. This was 2011 or so. I'm watching it now.

hello people; Has anyone bought one on line?
IBBY

IF you buy online, buy from Best Buy.

That way, when (not if) it shows up and the panel is smashed, you can just take it back to the store and they'll give you another one.

Or, just go to the store. Been there, done that.

As owning a custom audio video installation company we install tons of tvs, all brands and the one statement that I hear the most is that " it looks almost as good as the Samsung". Tv's are so well made now that it really boils down to what size fits the wants and Internet features. Men tend to upsize and women tend to downsize. We put a 65 above a fireplace and the lady of the house walked in, squashed his glory and off the wall it came. It went into a bonus room on a stand. She said that it overshadowed the features of the mantle and fireplace. The big electronic stores can't match the prices on the Internet, that has driven the prices down a lot. Free shipping and no taxes.