TechAFX Teflon Hose -Fittings Question

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Will Tech AFX's Teflon hose work with Aeroquip or other companies normal AN fittings? Aeroquips Teflon hose requires their special PTFE fittings. If that is not bad enough, these fittings are severely limited. Anyone know?
Conrad

Standard AN fittings won't work with teflon line. Aeroquip has it's own teflon line fittings and they are just as limited. Nothing more than a 90 degree fitting. Teflon requires a ferule in the fitting that goes between the braid and the teflon.

Oh boy.....so that pretty much rules out AN hose for E85 fuel???

Does anyone have decent fitting selection for Teflon hose?

We use Fragola. Go to their website, get the numbers and check w/ Summit.
My entire 86T is plumbed w/ it.

The fittings on Racetronix fuel line kit are Fragola . I had ZERO leaks on a complete fuel system install , double pumper sending unit with AN fittings to Fram filter housing to stock fuel rail with AN adapters ( teflon line ).

Same here . It's anodized so E85 safe.

Always use the same manufacturers' fittings with their hoses. Slight differences between hose diameters between manufacturers. Ones -8 hose is usually different than others. Don't take a chance especially with fuel lines. Earls and Fragola both have good selections of fittings. I used the Fragola black aluminum fittings with their hoses for my fuel system but used Earls steel fittings for all vacuum lines.

Will Tech AFX's Teflon hose work with Aeroquip or other companies normal AN fittings? Aeroquips Teflon hose requires their special PTFE fittings. If that is not bad enough, these fittings are severely limited. Anyone know?
Conrad

Conrad, we have finally got our new fuel pump sender/hanger in production and our next phase to to build and supply complete AN line kits in various sizes that will be e-85 compatible.

Our new SuperPumper units with have changeable fittings for different size AN hose or supplied with barb fittings for rubber hose.

Library - 1357.jpg
Library - 1358.jpg