Tech page ~ Launching a Drag Car update

KEVINS

Per some request, I added this info of the Instant Center to my "Launching a Drag Car" web page.

Normal Line: The imaginary line drawn from the tire contact patch through the 50% mark of the Percentage of Rise (PR). See page 2 for definition of PR.

The location of the IC relative to the CG and the Normal Line is what determines what the chassis is going to do. One term used to describe the chassis movement is Anti Squat. An IC that is located ABOVE the Normal Line is said to have more than 100% Anti Squat. An IC located BELOW the Normal Line is said to have less than 100% Anti Squat.

*4-link settings with MORE than 100% Anti Squat will Raise the rear end and hit the tires HARDER.

*4-link settings with LESS than 100% Anti Squat will cause the rear end to Squat and hit the tires SOFTER.

*100% = If the IC lies directly on the Neutral Line then there will not be any rise or squat. Anti Squat values of 100% should accelerate the car w/o any raising or squating of the rear of the car.

*IC's that are located IN FRONT of the Center of Gravity (CG) will tend to lift the NOSE of the car.

*IC's that are located BEHIND the Center of Gravity (CG) will tend to lift the REAR of the car.

hth's a bit.....
KS:cool:

I would like to bring this thread up from the dead.

If there are any people on the forum that are experienced in suspension setups could you please chime in, as i have many many questions running in my head.

Thanks alot!

Adrian