Team Banana's Twin Turbo LS Gbody

Sorry brotha, gotta steal your cold side piping idea for my front mount! Awesome work.

Figured I would give some updates about last season. We ran a 6.0l bored to 6.2l at 10.2:1 compression first part of the season until the cylinder wall gave out..
It went 8.19@171 and weighs 3628# with the driver. It was a stock crank, Manley h beams and JE pistons short block with Trick Flow 205 heads.
We won a couple heads up street car races at Muncie dragway and runner up in one.
We went to a 5.3l bored to 5.7l at 9.0:1 and ran the rest of the season. It made a lot less horse at a lot more boost.
We fought spark issues all year and the car kept dying at high boost. Before Holley Ls Fest, Cal Hartline helped us with xfi 2.05 upgrade for coil dwell.
We went on to win LS Fest True Street out of 105 cars that made the 41 mile drive. We had the fastest average with an 8.48. Car made 3 back to back 8.4x passes in one hour with a half hour cool down after the cruise. The only time the car was shut off was to pack the chute between passes.
Best year of racing and the most fun we have ever had.
Thanks again Cal Hartline, Rpm Transmissions, Hawkins Speed Shop, G&G Oil, Adam Maurer of S&M Motorsports, Works Turbochargers, and Dustin Portmess for building engines overnight when needed :)
I think the Banana has represented the Buick community quite well with the v6 and v8 over the years
Building a different car now and not sure if this car will come out for a little while. It needs a lot of cage work now

We are having some issues with the car this year but still managed to pull the win off at the LSX Shootout in Indy. We won $250 cash and a LSX block!!
13528699_259741047730223_7920994176638716826_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Dday!!! Not going to make it to Gs nats. Nmca finals and Holley LS Fest are too close to it
I'll be at all of them myself, Ronnie. It's actually real convenient to do LS Fest and 2 days later start the GS Nats at the same track.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'll be at all of them myself, Ronnie. It's actually real convenient to do LS Fest and 2 days later start the GS Nats at the same track.

It's more of a money thing Cal. Wish I could go to every race everywhere. Hope to get our issue with the car fixed or may not make anymore races this year

I understand. Let me know if you need anything