Te61?

chalo_310

I currently run 8.6 on the 1/8th,my mods are te44,maf translator,3" downpipe,headers a poston 104 cam which I have no idea how good they are,underdrive pulley,42# injectors,2200-2600 torque converter..should I be running a better time..wanted to go with thae te61 turbo with a 3200 stall..or do I stick with my setup and take it to tuned and checked out..if its running the way it should..looking for a 11's street car..

I currently run 8.6 on the 1/8th,my mods are te44,maf translator,3" downpipe,headers a poston 104 cam which I have no idea how good they are,underdrive pulley,42# injectors,2200-2600 torque converter..should I be running a better time..wanted to go with thae te61 turbo with a 3200 stall..or do I stick with my setup and take it to tuned and checked out..if its running the way it should..looking for a 11's street car..

Your combination has the ability to run alot, and I mean ALOT faster than you are now!!

K.

So why do you think its not running faster time..when I accelerate I do hear this snapping sound..do I need to go get it checked

Something is off, way off in my opinion. A TE44 is good for mid-lower 11s. Ive seen it done many times. Same with the 009s.

Tires?
Suspension?
Launch boost & RPM?

I went 7.58 in the 1/8 on a stock turbo/convertor setup in March of '08.

A TE-61 would be a waste of money at this point. Get the car figured out first.

Just my .02.

When I floor it..it makes this backfiring almost time of sound..i thought it was an exhaust problem but exhaust looks fine

Are you getting any detonation? If the sound sounds like it's coming from the exhaust it may be time to check the cam.

Get a laptop & Powerlogger program, and/or find someone local who can help you diagnose, datalog, & tune the car.

K.

At 17lbs of boost the thing thats going to improve your time is getting a lower 60ft than a 2.05.
What chip are you running in the car? If its backfiring and you cant diagnose it then yes it needs checked out by someone that knows these cars