TE60 assistance

t-typex1

Darkside Member
I want to push my T into the 11's.Im looking to see how much boost/timing would I be able to put my car at to get to this level.
My motor is an untouched stock block with new valve springs. I have the bolt ons in my sig.
So far I have run 12.55 @108 with 20 degrees of timing and 22#'s of boost, with 0.0 knock on 110 octane. How much more can I push to get my goal safely, as Im not ready to put new head gaskets on yet.
TIA

ide say u should be fine. I was just running 24psi with alky on almost the same setup as you, until the turbo took a $hit

get some sticky tires if you dont have them, get some alky and turn up the boost

Im planning on alky over the winter. For now I want to get my car into the 11's with the stock long block and the TE60. Ive heard people say it should be relatively easy with a TE60, so I want to find out what kind of boost/timing is used to get into the 11's so I can accomplish this goal. Being that TE60's were/are so popular, I thaught I'd get more of a response.:confused:

ttypex1,on 110 race gas you can make the tune alot hotter than 22psi and 20 degrees of timing!that tune is very conservative only netting you 108mph.a hotter tune and a good hook with soft tires will move you closer to your goals.although it has been done by several 11 seconds isn't easy on the stock parts,good luck!

What tires and what 60ft.'s you getting? :confused:

You should be able to do it at 25psi. with that timing or 22*, and a 1.8 or so 60ft.

You want to shoot for 112-114 or so mph.

I don't know the limits of 110 octane but pump gas and alky. can do it pretty easily. :)

Did you weigh the car at all at the track?

I want to push my T into the 11's.Im looking to see how much boost/timing would I be able to put my car at to get to this level.
My motor is an untouched stock block with new valve springs. I have the bolt ons in my sig.
So far I have run 12.55 @108 with 20 degrees of timing and 22#'s of boost, with 0.0 knock on 110 octane. How much more can I push to get my goal safely, as Im not ready to put new head gaskets on yet.
TIA

IMHO.... barely a tickle... to what you can do...

I pushed my stock turbo/stock engine to a 12.65 on 22 psi boost.... 23 deg timing...

Heck.... Quick6-n-KC pushed his stock turbo/stock longblock limited to 11.70's

There was someone on here recently (with a TE60 or a similar sized PT52 I think) that went 11.4's on a stock unopenend longblock with a really sorry 60' time.... That turbo will go low 11's with the right bolt-ons... on upper 20's on the boost...

IMHO.... sneak up on it... watching everything....don't try to "cut it up" one time for that fastest pass.... you are sure to have issues.... one step at a time....is much safer....

I'll chime in here.
In a nut shell, here's my old combo on Sarah from two weeks ago:
97k mile Stock motor with new valve springs and double roller timing chain. RJC Power Plate, stock plenum and t-body, PTE Stock location IC, stock headers, 3" THDP, 2 3/4" dual exhaust with Welded Ultraflow mufflers, TE-60R from PTE (TE60 with dual ball bearing cartridge) 160* T-stat, Griffin aluminum radiator, stock fan, MAF pipe with 9" K&N cone filter, fuel pressure regulator, hotwired Walbro 340 pump, 60# Mototron injectors with TT race chip, Autolite #23 plugs gapped at a tight .032. Kirban plug wires, stock C3I. Scanmaster v2.1, boost and oil press gauges on pillar, Coan 10" 3000 stall L/U converter, stock T wheels with 27x11.5 MT ET Street bias ply drag tires out back and always set at 11psi cold, dual air bags, 1 3/8" rear sway bar, drive shaft loop, larger S-10 rear wheel cylinders and long shoes, no front sway bar. Car weight with me driving 3800#.

My first 11 second pass that I drove her too was at Bowling Green this year. Boost was set to 27psi, timing was at 27.7* in 1st & 2nd, 27.5* in 3rd & 4th. Adding +12.5% fuel under WOT and taking out -9.4% fuel in 1st to help with spool up. Also, I was running pure C16 leaded race gas.
Results with a poor 5psi launch, 1.69 60ft, 7.58 @ 91.62 1/8th, 11.90 @ 113.20. For those of you interested, you can read all about my antics at BG this year here.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...trick-go-bowling-green.html?highlight=Patrick

Since then, the best 1/4 mile pass has been an 11.72, best mph has been 115.41 and best 60ft has been 1.65 all run on 29psi with same timing and same fuel. Weather and track conditions really affect mph and ET once you get to this level.

If your car is heavy with driver, and the motor is in good shape and you can launch with good boost, run 25-27psi boost at WOT and timing in the 25-27* range, should net very similar results. Traction and launching at boost levels of 5-10psi is key to reaching 11's with a stock motor.
Now, once your start adding more parts to the motor, cam, heads, ported intake, larger t-body and plenum, you can make more power at lower boost levels.

I have recently stepped up to a PT6776S journal bearing turbo and will be installing a 9" Art Carr non l/u converter very soon. My goals are 11.30 - 11.40s @ 117-119 without having to run super high boost levels like I did with the TE60R, or having to tear into the motor. I only ran 30psi once with the TE-60R. This is a huge difference from my days of running 32psi on a PT74 GT-Q on my old grey car. :eek: Gotta work on my brakes, install my lower control arms I got form HR Parts and get this RJC crank pulley installed. I gotta get crackin.....
Hope this helps, and sorry to ramble on.

Patrick

i run 10.80's and a best of 10.60's @ 125 mph on a te60 with 20lbs of boost. i think my timing is around 20* but i have a lot done to the car. gn1,front mount,cam,th400,70mm throttle body,2 air bags,drag shocks,no front swaybar,50lb inj and your basic mods. with stock block not opened I went in the low 11's

I have 275/50/15's, 60' is 1.80, I didnt get a chance to weigh the car, but it is a low option(only a power antenna, rear defrost, and AM/FM cassette)with the alum. bumper supports and drums factory. I will try bumping the boost up and the timing a little at a time, and of course one at a time. Thanks for all who responded, something to go on is better than guessing in the dark

turbojoes,just curius about the weight of your car and is 20lbs all the boost the car will make due to its breathing capabilities?that's big mph and great et for the te60!do you run lockup or nonlockup?

my car weighs 3550 with me in it. I never run over 20 because I was told that thae te60 will start to heat and turbulate the air.I have a th400 with a reverse manual valebody and a vigilante non lockup that stalls at 3500 on the e-brake and 3800 on the trans brake. I launch the car with 18lbs of boost and usually run a 1.45 60ft. and it runs 6.9x @ 100.xx in the 1/8th. I just put some moser 33 spline c-clip eliminators and spool in it. I broke the axle when I launched the car on wed at the nationals. I have to say that I have a very efficiant motor to pull those numbers.

i ran the exact same combo-stock motor except for new valve springs
cpt-60 turbo thunderfab stock location inc and art carr conv 3000.
21lbs of boost with 26 timing. the car really woke up when i went from 20 to 26 degrees of timing and worked on my 60 ft times. car ran 11.60-11.70s all the time.
mike