tcc solenoid and sending unit

Joeld

Anyone know the part number hoping to find locally so i can swap out this weekend same for fuel sending unit (if my original is crap when i pull appart to install new fuel pump)
Thanks
Joel

The tcc you can buy at the box stores. It is a universal that has the splice connectors on them. Pretty easy but it is also very messy when lowering the trans pan down. Just make sure you have a large tub to catch as much of the fluid as possible. I put a drain plug in my pan while I had it out. I don't want to make a mess like that again.

Geeze Williams, the only way you could make it any easier is to come over and install while I'm out to dinner or something. Loosing track of how many times you've helped. Groumoutis, how did you go about the drain plug, the pan is a bit thin to tap. How did you do it?
Thanks guys,
Joel

BAM :D

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...25r9?itemIdentifier=266070&_requestid=2506878 - You don't tap the pan, it is a self seal (hopefully) type of set up. I probably should of done one somewhere between the 2 and 6th pan drop :oops:

Run it real low on fuel or get some rubber hose and use the fuel pump test lead behind the alternator to drain out as much fuel as you can before dropping it. Drop the straps from in front of the tank (by axle) and leave them connected by the bumper. Floor jack and a piece of wood on top to hold the tank, I've done a few by myself, no problem. The locking ring can be tricky sometimes, try not to bend it up too much.

Very cool, thank you for the link (again). I'm hooking up the scanmaster tomorrow, anxious to see what I find. My fuel gauge is all over the place, I figure I'll do the sending unit while I have the tank off. I'll also clean up the outside of the tank and paint it, there is a bit of scale on the underside.
Thanks,
Joel

http://home.comcast.net/~84gngary/sendingunit2.html

My gauge stops at 1/4 tank... I tested the sending unit and it passed, I cleaned the connections on the back of the fuel gauge in the dash. Never figured it out, now I used the tripometer to tell me when to fill. Ohm out the sender and it may be fine, no need to replace then unless it is physically damaged.

Perfect timing before I drop the tank tomorrow, what should I be looking for regarding ohm reading, oh, never mind, you posted that also! Thanks williams (again, again), will be a good day if or when I get the chance to answer one of your questions.

Another thing to do while you have the trans pan off is to change the filter and make sure the magnet is still there and it is clean. For some reason the magnet was missing from my trans pan. It didnt look like it was ever in there. When I did my father in laws tcc I removed his magnet to clean it and there were small scratches from the magnet vibrating. Mine looked like one wasn't installed from the beginning.

You might want to go ahead and switch it over to dexron VI.

I did a tranny filter and fluid change a few weeks back. I went through all fluids as the car had been in a barn for 18 years. The first time I put the tranny pan back in I forgot the magnet and dropped the pan again to put the magnet back in. Nice big doughnut magnet. Very little shavings when I cleaned it. I also painted the pan while I had it out. I drained the gas, man was it terrible smelling gas. I'll drain again tomorrow prior to swapping out the fuel pump. I will paint the tank while I'm at it. I can't wait to go for a real ride. I'll also install oil gauge tomorrow.

http://home.comcast.net/~84gngary/sendingunit2.html

My gauge stops at 1/4 tank... I tested the sending unit and it passed, I cleaned the connections on the back of the fuel gauge in the dash. Never figured it out, now I used the tripometer to tell me when to fill.

Next time you run it below 1/4 reach up to the dash and flick it with your index finger a couple times.

Sounds stupid, but I've seen it work on quite a few occasions.

I will drain this AM and drop and pull the sending unit, go through it as William has instructed and then install the new fuel pump and fuel pressure gauge on the rail.
I've dropped tanks before, so at least that won't be a first, William’s directions are really going to help though.
Woke up thinking about how overall supportive the guys on this board are. Super appreciated.
Will be good to drop the tank anyway, will totally drain, clean up inside and out. And will be able to do some underside cleaning with it out of the way. I'll bleed rear brakes while I'm under there.

I painted mine with some galvanized spraypaint, boy did it turn out nice. Painted the straps too. Had to remove a crapload of undercoating though. Kerosene works great but it is messy big time. Use a soaking rag, rub until it liquifies and make sure you're in a place where you don't have to walk through, yuk.