Tax Bill just came in, Town of Guilford, CT, People in CT listen up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fc227

1986 Grand National
Greetings all,

It has been a while since I last posted. But I have a question ?
The latest tax bill came in and the town is assessing the GN @ $8120. Does that sound right? Last year it was only ~ 2K .

Gee if it worth that maybe I should sell :)

If you save all your bills like i do put the last few years together and present them to the tax collector.

Either they will lower it to 2k or raise all the previous bills hahahaha.

D

If you save all your bills like i do put the last few years together and present them to the tax collector.

Either they will lower it to 2k or raise all the previous bills hahahaha.

D

knowing this town , they would raise the previous bills :)

WWTD.
What would trump do?

If they don't lower it we'll all go down and build a wall of TR's surrounding the building.

Then! Theeeeeen they will know they made a mistake!

Buhuhuhohohahahahahahaaaaaa!

D

Or just declare bankruptcy

D

And I vote for Trump.
Couldn't resist.

Sounds like your city/town may be trying to pull a fast one on you thinking you are ignorant and that is shady in my opinion.

Must suck to live there! Never heard of a "town" taxing vehicles, WTF's up with that?

I'm assuming it's an excise tax.
Every town has it here in MA.
Every year you have to pay a tax to drive on the roads so they can have money to repair them.

It's based on the auto value.

So, your $100,000 porshe or ferrari that is perfect on emissions pays more for a 1983 chevette that has no muffler and leaking oil on the same road.

Go figure.

Taxation with out representation?

D

Here in Hamden, CT my bill is $82 per car with assessment at $4,550 each.

Hope that helps, it went up from $2500 assessment last year, then again so did the mil rate. :rolleyes:

Total bill last year was around $120 for both.

Dumocraps in power in CT, and of course in Hamden too. :oops:

I think every '87 Regal still on the road is now assessed in CT at the GN rate. :eek::(

Gotta love living in the south. None of that kind of BS going on here in TN. Not only that, but extremely low property taxes, no personal property tax, and no state income tax.

My GN here in SC is $15 a year agree with Dave you can't beat the south with taxes. However the next generation will be driving on dirt roads as there is no money for roads.

NH has both state and city/town registation fee (or tax). Goes by weight for the state. My state fee for my cars is $45 each, my truck is 55. City goes by weight and msrp. City is always more than the state.

My GN here in SC is $15 a year agree with Dave you can't beat the south with taxes. However the next generation will be driving on dirt roads as there is no money for roads.

You should see some of our roads.

You'd think we weren't paying.

And the cities don't plow side streets very often.

D

I agree with above! I think we'd be better off with some of our roads being dirt, at least the dirt potholes would be flexible and forgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.