Target A/F

TurboMike

whatever
Say your target is 12.5 a/f, your datalog shows your actual 11.5 a/f but says its only correcting 5.5% what could be the problem? I have the system setup to go into closed loop above 1000rpm.

Re: re:

Originally posted by TurboTR
Maybe your correction limit is set to 5.5%

TurboTR

That's exactly what is happening here. Here's my suggestion:

Raise the correction limits in the rows where you are seeing this and you will probably see a higher correction factor happen. Use the correction info to calibrate the VE table and then return the correction limit to 5%. Keeping the negative correction limits at a low number in the "power" region of the map prevents the possibility of the O2 sensor seeing a false rich condition and removing enough fuel to burn up the motor. So, once you have a handle on where the VE numbers need to be, I'd keep the correctino limits low. Things like misfires and burning oil can make the ECU think the a/f mixture is too rich - don't give it the opportunity to melt your motor if this ever happens.

Craig

This is the exact same problem I posted yesterday. My correction factor was "stuck" at a bit over +2% even though the target and actual were greater than this. When recording runs at the drag strip the data log showed about a +2% correction factor for the whole run. First 5 seconds of the pass were lean 13.5 or 13.6 aprox. and the second 5 seconds of the pass were rich12.5 to 12.6 or so. Target was 13.1. My corrections are both set to adjust up to 25% although I know I should run a lower minus correction I reset them to max while tuning after I noticed this after a few runs.
Any ideas?? This is only happening, that I can tell, under WFO conditions.

Can you post the log file graph from the run?

Maybe you guys have somehow gotten looonnng time constants in your closed loop paramters :)

TurboTR

I can't post the graph as the only technology I have on that laptop is the speed pro program. But, the correction speed is very fast under normal driving. I do know that the same thing happened at least twice. The other times I did not notice as I was just concentrating on the timing curve and not fuel air.

re:

Well all you have to do is put the demo version sw onto your pc, copy the .log run data from the laptop onto a floppy, open it up on your pc, then use the Windoze clipboard functions to copy the graph into a .bmp, then convert to a .jpg or .gif image that you can attach here.

Or if you want for now just email me the .log and I'll convert it and attach it here for you. One picture will probably be worth alot of words.

TurboTR

re:

Glad you're fixed up T'Mike. RickWI, I don't see the mail? Did you send to tking@sigmatel.com, or?

I'll be away from the work acct above Fri-Mon though; vacation time.

TurboTR