Tankless Water Heaters...anyone have one?

GUYS,do your self a favor and purchase this unit A. O. Smith Water Heaters

96% efficiency:eek: much more efficient than the junk Tankless Water Heater.

I am a fan of condensing heaters but $2k for a domestic water heater is a bit high. When they get them to modulate and bring the cost down they will be a big hit Im sure.
Last January I replaced my blownout boiler (thats another good story) with a Munchkin Mod./Con. boiler and Im saving some good $$. My gas bill is some $600 less than last year and this year has been colder. If you don't mind putting all your eggs in one basket you can run an indirect tank off one of these and save on the domestic hotwater end also.
For those who like expensive toy's ther is the Freewatt system.

+1 on A.O.Smith , But I do have a A.O.Smith tankless sitting in my Garage too lazy to install:biggrin:By the time you buy the tankless water heater , tankless water heater valves ,the Flue pipe , piping , electrical, plus most of the time you need a bigger gas meter .most houses are rated for only 200,000 the new tankless alone is 150,000 add the stove furnace and garage heater,.... your gas meter wont be big enough and most tankless water heater need a 3/4'' gas line.Also if you have well water you will need to treat your water before the tankless. so it adds up to way too much BS thats why mine is sitting :biggrin:

How much gas would our little turbo V6 motors burn if they idled in our driveways 24/7 for a whole month, & really only got driven normally for 30 minutes or an hour each day? I don't need hot water all the time, & when I turn the faucet on it's there, scalding hot, each & every time. Do your research on building green, as I have, & I think you'll agree that the only way to be more efficient would be to go solar, which would defininately cost more up front & take longer to recoup the investment. Put it this way, I live in NE Florida, my home is 2600 (heated) sq ft, & my November electric bill was $150. About $100 less than it would be every month due to the efficient design of my home (Polysteel).

my November electric bill was $150. (Polysteel).

Heh Florida?, you likely need home heating as much as I need air conditioning in November. Actually I don't have air conditioning, it only gets above 90 a few days in the summer around here, maybe 2 or 3 days all last summer.