Taillight tinting

bgndobe

86 GN
This is in the "How To" section, sorry, but I think it will get more attention here.
I'm going to tint the taillights with VHT tinting spray. It's been done here a lot by others.
The one grip I hear is that the lights are dim after the tinting.....possibly unsafe.
Take a look at the pic. What do you guys think if I paint this with the spray on Chrome paint rather than sliver? Do you think it would be worth it to make it brighter when the brakes are applied?
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• plastic.jpg
    plastic.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 171
I have refurbished taillights before and resprayed them with "chrome" spray paint. It did improve the brightness. Others claim that spraying that with white does even better than the "chrome". Bottom line remains the laws in your state. On a bad day in a state with anti-tint laws some officer will hassle you. I live in a state without llimits on taillight tinting but they sure pull you over for tinted windows.

Dean

Thanks for the intelligent reply Dean.
Obviously, I live in an area where we do not get hasselled as well..........otherwise why even tint them right Chuck ??;)
I'll do some tests with both the chrome and white and see how they shine through the tinted lenses, and see which one gets the best results.
As a side note, I'm also going to get the LED BULBS (not the replacement kits....just the bulbs). They're advertised on the banner at the top of this website. They seem like they will work great.
Chris

I have my tail lights tinted on my vette and you can clearly see them from a distance but the cop told me you have to see the reflectors in the tail lights. I think it just depends on the cop. I didnt get a ticket just a warning..

".otherwise why even tint them right Chuck ?"....I guess Murphy doesn't live in Ar.....

just saying

Utah is no fun state for tint laws had a factory tint on my truck a few years ago my other have was for ever get tickets 1 a month for 4 months they said the tint was to dark so after the first one I read the law (vehicle code) which was interesting the law vdid say no more that 28% ticket every time .
Unfortunitly for the bee hive boys there is a part b and c to the law cops only read what they want or enforce what some one else said

Part b outof state vehicles are except
part c enforcement may not exceed federal safty standard original equipment except

long story sent letter to judge in town that gave her ticket dismissed
the nexted month same thing same cop same letter dismissed

next month hit by uhp same thing same letter dismissed

the 4th time was the straw that changed everybodies world 4th ticket 4th letter Judge dissmissed ticket with prejudist wrote a court order to Public saftey and city and county lawenforcement adviseing that the nexted party which issued a ticket would be held in contemp of court

no more ticket the deal was cute blonde nice boobs nothing better to do

The thing got so hot that the state held a class here in town for all of southeast utah on tinted windows they went down to the ford dealer to give the class how to test ,how to read min standards that sort of thing they tested twenty two, new vehicle never sold straight from the factory all twenty two vehicles failed
so check the vehicle code, cops don't know and laws aren't one liners

Dot inspector told me after all this if you have tinted windows if stopped roll down pass window if they test you that will cut you tint 40%

as far as chrome or silver /while spray movie industry use a flat high heat white paint reflect a soft but extreme bright reflective light

Just saying:cool: