TAI 2016 in BG...

TurboWh1

Did u guys get to race???? I heard it was supposed to rain today. I couldn't make it, never got the car back together and have had other things going on as well.

Nope, it was a rain out. Not a single car down the track today.. :(

Very disappointing to all of us.

We decided to take all of the money, parts , gift certificates and roll it into the payout at the TurboBuick.com Nationals in May. Should have a nice purse for this event...

Bryan

Very disappointing to all of us.

We decided to take all of the money, parts , gift certificates and roll it into the payout at the TurboBuick.com Nationals in May. Should have a nice purse for this event...

Bryan

Bryan where is this event going to be?
-aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks guys! What kind of times were people running this year?

Best ti
Thanks guys! What kind of times were people running this year?

Best qualifying time was a 6.50 @ 108( by me) , track was not prepped great ...
I had a quarter mile run that I spun bad....
Went 11.75 @130 mph !!! Ha-ha

Bryan

Best ti

Best qualifying time was a 6.50 @ 108( by me) , track was not prepped great ...
I had a quarter mile run that I spun bad....
Went 11.75 @130 mph !!! Ha-ha

Bryan
Wow that's moving! by the numbers, I almost thought you got rid of the Buick and bought a Supra.... I guess track prep was non-existent. Wish we could get a major Buick event at Gateway. Seems like the new ownership are car people and really care about quality.

Times where from 6.50/7.15.......98/108mph
That's not a lot of spread
Track was difficult would have been a drives race.....who could get off the line without spinning!!!!

TIA in the lanes.

I'm just walking in the door. Lou and I had a blast. The booze was flowing. The traction compound, not so much. Maybe, next time we just need to bring one of the bartenders to the track. ;) Have him a tip jar where you pick up your time slip. You hook, you tip a buck. You spin, you get to take a buck out of the jar.

Who walked (swam) home with the prestigious Alky shirt?

That's a bummer regarding no racing! I missed RC's this spring, i want to go in 2017. Everyone says Richards place is a sight to see

After spoolfool twisting my arm and volunteering a sponsorship to the TAI class I agreed to attend & also support Guy Cunningham since I built his car. Guy ran a respectable 10.63 four times in a row and a couple of 10.67 which put him solidly in the pack which I congratulate him for. I got to meet Eric Marshall & Miguel from Puerto Rico finally. Met & got some good tips from the wizard Cruz on fuel systems. But what was most memorable was meeting the BO the CEO of Boost Crew he is a national treasure from the back woods of Kentucky claims ownership of three teeth one in his mouth & the others in his pocket. I tried to correct him at dinner that biscuits & gravy wasn't really a meal his comment was not to deal with such negativity. We agreed to meet at the cracker barrel restaurant after a washed out race with Boost crew myself & Spoolfool, I apologize not remembering the other sophisticates names associated with Boost crew almost equally impressive. Now Bo sat next to me & suggested a Kentucky delicacy called Bull dick & dumplings but was disappointed when the waitress informed us that they were out of dumplings. As the evening wore on and just before the bill was presented Bo politely excused himself & retired to the rest room but almost like magic appeared after the bill was settled. Honorable mention to ( Phone guy) a gentleman of impeccable credentials who took my $300.00 sponsor money & promised it be put to good use at the next event since BG was rained out. So I arrived back to Lake Forest broke & content that i had contributed to the economy of Kentucky all the while looking forward to the next adventure spoolfool volunteers me for. :eek:

After spoolfool twisting my arm and volunteering a sponsorship to the TAI class I agreed to attend & also support Guy Cunningham since I built his car. Guy ran a respectable 10.63 four times in a row and a couple of 10.67 which put him solidly in the pack which I congratulate him for. I got to meet Eric Marshall & Miguel from Puerto Rico finally got some good tips from Cruz on fuel systems. But what was most memorable was meeting the BO the CEO of Boost Crew he is a national treasure from the back woods of Kentucky claims ownership of three teeth one in his mouth & the others in his pocket. I tried to correct him at dinner that biscuits & gravy wasn't really a meal his comment was not to deal with such negativity. We agreed to meet at the cracker barrel restaurant after a washed out race with Boost crew myself & Spoolfool, I apologize not remembering the other sophisticates names associated with Boost crew almost equally impressive. Now Bo sat next to me & suggested a Kentucky delicacy called Bull dick & dumplings but was disappointed when the waitress informed us that they were out of dumplings. As the evening wore on and just before the bill was presented Bo politely excused himself & retired to the rest room but almost like magic appeared after the bill was settled. Honorable mention to ( Phone guy) a gentleman of impeccable credentials who took my $300.00 sponsor money & promised it be put to good use at the next event since BG was rained out. So I arrived back to Lake Forest broke & content that i had contributed to the economy of Kentucky all the while looking forward to the next adventure spoolfool volunteers me for. :eek:
You need to place the blame squarely on your buddy SpoolFool ....he's the one that told you that I had impeccable credentials

Bryan

I will say that I've never had so much fun at an event that got rained out.

Here's a cool shot from the event.

Turbo Lou/ Fool / Red Armstrong:)

After spoolfool twisting my arm and volunteering a sponsorship to the TAI class I agreed to attend & also support Guy Cunningham since I built his car. Guy ran a respectable 10.63 four times in a row and a couple of 10.67 which put him solidly in the pack which I congratulate him for. I got to meet Eric Marshall & Miguel from Puerto Rico finally. Met & got some good tips from the wizard Cruz on fuel systems. But what was most memorable was meeting the BO the CEO of Boost Crew he is a national treasure from the back woods of Kentucky claims ownership of three teeth one in his mouth & the others in his pocket. I tried to correct him at dinner that biscuits & gravy wasn't really a meal his comment was not to deal with such negativity. We agreed to meet at the cracker barrel restaurant after a washed out race with Boost crew myself & Spoolfool, I apologize not remembering the other sophisticates names associated with Boost crew almost equally impressive. Now Bo sat next to me & suggested a Kentucky delicacy called Bull dick & dumplings but was disappointed when the waitress informed us that they were out of dumplings. As the evening wore on and just before the bill was presented Bo politely excused himself & retired to the rest room but almost like magic appeared after the bill was settled. Honorable mention to ( Phone guy) a gentleman of impeccable credentials who took my $300.00 sponsor money & promised it be put to good use at the next event since BG was rained out. So I arrived back to Lake Forest broke & content that i had contributed to the economy of Kentucky all the while looking forward to the next adventure spoolfool volunteers me for. :eek:

You have been unconditionally volunteered to attend and sponsor this class in The TB.com Nats at Richard Clark's place in NC, next May 3-6.
As an extra bonus, you'll find that the NC farm animals run much slower than those Kentucky thoroughbreds. ;)