Tag Hauer or ????

thank you!! That made my day. How 'young' do you think I am??

Originally posted by Wells
FlyinGN:
Frank:
For such a young dude you are surely convicted to your beliefs.
I am on my way to trade in my Omega on a timex right now.
Just kidding, Frank.

Frank;
From a pic of you standing by your car I would have guessed your age at about low 30's, however after your response, I would have to change that to high 30's, but your pic doesn't look it. If I am older than you, (which I am by a longshot) can I have your car? I would trade you a good .45 for a few of those .40's that you are so fond of.
JK

Gary, Im 43.. :)

Actually too I sold my .40 and now in love with my stainless 1911 now:)

The car goes to my Son, so Im keepin her..

Originally posted by Wells
Frank;
From a pic of you standing by your car I would have guessed your age at about low 30's, however after your response, I would have to change that to high 30's, but your pic doesn't look it. If I am older than you, (which I am by a longshot) can I have your car? I would trade you a good .45 for a few of those .40's that you are so fond of.
JK

I love Tag Huer watches,watch I wear everyday is a Tag,very stylish and durable.Rolex only comes out on special occasions,presidential Rolex of course:D....

Get which one you can afford:)

Tag Heuers are very nice watches. I have 2 a stainless/18k 6000 series http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail.asp?sn=346828134&pf_id=28262&rph=50226
and a 2 tone 2000 series http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail.asp?Sn=346828507&pf_id=3587&dept_id=120&md_id=2 .

They are comfortable, reliable and durable. I also like Movado. Movados are reliable and usally pretty light (except the "SE" models).

When you but a Rolex, you are buying a name. They are not very reliable watches and need upkeep most watches dont. But, with a Rolex they dont lose value. They are very good investment pieces.

I buy/sell all makes and model watches.

HTH

Andy

Frank:
I distinctly remember you telling me that you would never own a .45. I am glad to see that you stepped up to the .45. You got mail, BTW

I always loved the look and function of the 1911 and now I own one:)

Attachments

• imgp0420.jpg
    imgp0420.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,307
I would have to vote for the Rolex as I have always worn a Submariner and really don't think you can wrong with one. Here's the way I look at it, most women have several thousand dollars worth of jewelry and I have a 3,000 dollar watch and a wedding band so why not? Now does anyone NEED a watch of that caliber? No. A 9.99 digital watch from Wal-mart keeps as good time, but when you strap on a big Rolex, Tag or Omega you will notice the difference. To put it in car terms,(or truck terms) it really is the difference between a base model Nissan and a fully loaded F350 4x4 Dually diesel:cool:

Originally posted by FlyinGN
I think its a waste of $$. Come on now.. If you ask me what time it is.. I will raise my wrist and on my $24 Timex tell you the time.. Thats the exact same thing that you are gonna do.. A $1500 watch does it no bettter. Unlike.. say a car.. where you *CAN* get better quality, ride, handling speed etc paying more. But a watch?? LMAO. If you spend more then $50 on a watch you are either..
A. a pompus a$$ who is trying to impress others.. or
B. Someone who has more money then brains.

give me ONE good reason to spend that kinda $$ on a watch?? Just one..

well i can...but you see the rolex will.... and the .....and the omega can .....:D

you are absolutly right flyingn, i think if it takes a $1200 or $1500 dollar watch for you to tell time :confused: , but i know it's just kind of a feel good piece, you feel good about putting it on but i don't know about spending that much cash on a watch, but if you got the cash what the hell:D

i love my $10 watch:D i could bang it around all day AND STILL LOOK DOWN AND GET THE TIME OF DAY:D :D

You might also want to look into a Breitling... I recently purchased one and I am very happy with it. Fantastic quality and I really like their styling compared to many of the other brands out there. I like it so much I'm probably going to pick up another one in the next year, probably a Blackbird. Love the looks of them.

You could also dump $50K+ on a Roger Dubuis if you're feeling silly, and can rest easy at night knowing there are only 27 other watches like yours in the world. :p (they only make 28 of any given model, then move on.) However, I find them hideously ugly... ;)

I have mostly seen 3-4 brand watches mentioned here, Tags, Rolex, Omega, and Breitling. All good brands IMO, but far from the best I'm afraid. Someone referred timezone.com. If you want to dig a little deeper into this area, please visit this site. It would answer most of your questions.

I got a chase durer from the military and its been going strong for 4 years love it:D

Well I love all my watches

Rolex DateJust
Breitling B2
Movado Esperanza
Baume & Mercier Capeland
Philippe Charriol Colvmbvs
Raymond Weil Tango
Ebel Sportswave Chrono

and my engagment present, two tone Rolex, with the diamond face

but i dont wear any other jewelry so my watches are the part i like the most of an outfit.

Watch

For the money it's hard to beat this Citizen Eco-Drive SKYHAWK. If you shop around, they can be had for under $200.00 I've had mine going on 4 years and have never had to adjust the time.

Mike

Personally, I think Tags are overrated. You'd be better off with a Rolex investment-wise. I like Breitlings and Jaeger Le Coutre as well. If you're looking for a status piece, go with a Franck Mueller or Patek Phillipe. They're both a little pricey, but awesome watches. Good Luck either way!

Here's the pick of the watch: http://www.watchclick.com/bigimages/cac1
110-ba0850.jpg

Wow that is a gorgeous watch. I am still a big fan of Omega. I have a '62 model Seamaster that is one of my favorites. The Submariner in stainless is probably the most durable(ran over it with the car on accident). I also like the Maurice leCroix. When my dad passed away, he left me his watch collection. I have always liked a nice watch, I guess it is just a way for me to express my taste and own something that a lot of people don't even recognize. It is a lot like owning a Turbo Regal, most people have no clue what it is.

i dont know about looks i have a rolex and i wear my chase-durer more i know it will handle anything its been in 3 wars and still going strong