TA Performance Race Headers cross over headaches

Not a TA header user.......
However, a ? Do the headers have oversized mounting holes like a stock header? If not, there's a good chance the lack of has created a lack of adjust ability.
I farted around with this thing for a few hours to get it to this point.
Maybe, reduce the "farting time", and put a hi Q flex in the x over and be done??:smuggrin:

I've seen you have been listening to and following Nick Micale's advice here.

Have you called him?

He is straight up and possibly one of the nicest, not to mention SMARTEST guys to have EVER joined this board.

He has intimate knowledge of most, if not ALL, TA products produced and will steer you straight if you have questions or concerns about them.

Nick puts all of it right the #@!& out there, good or bad, he doesn't (in my eyes) pull any punches. He has no valid reason to do so.

Thanks, Nick!

However, a ? Do the headers have oversized mounting holes like a stock header? If not, there's a good chance the lack of has created a lack of adjust ability.

Maybe, reduce the "farting time", and put a hi Q flex in the x over and be done??:smuggrin:

The only thing that has me hesitating on a flex connection is the diameter of it. It may be extremely close to the inspection cover.

I've seen you have been listening to and following Nick Micale's advice here.

Have you called him?

He is straight up and possibly one of the nicest, not to mention SMARTEST guys to have EVER joined this board.

He has intimate knowledge of most, if not ALL, TA products produced and will steer you straight if you have questions or concerns about them.

Nick puts all of it right the #@!& out there, good or bad, he doesn't (in my eyes) pull any punches. He has no valid reason to do so.

Thanks, Nick!

me and Nick have worked ALOT together. Known each other quite a few years.

Chuck,

The holes for the header are pretty much right on spot. There is no oversize holes, however with this being said, they fit right up exactly as needed.

Ok, you convinced me. I ordered this today from michigan. I have done alot of reading about crossover pipes and Vbands in general, this seems like the logical and popular choice to fix. I'll tighten those bastards down on the clamps, slip this flex pipe in, tack it, then pull her back out...finish the weld. I got new clamps coming from Nick as well. If she still leaks the car may become an insurance claim in the making.

http://zzperformance.com/ecotec/interlock-flex-section.html

Chuck,

If she still leaks the car may become an insurance claim in the making.

I know your pain...........obviously on a different level, but the same pain, none-the-less..........

The cleaned up version of this song just wasn't working for me .......... so I changed it back to the original one, once I found it with no commercials..............:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
or you cou[d do like me pay 1200 a few years and reweld new flanges on your rusted out cracked up TA headers
header crack.jpg
header flange.jpg
misc 126.jpg
misc 127.jpg
header crack.jpg
header flange.jpg
misc 126.jpg

Damn Bob. Those are the stainless ones? I am putting a flex pipe in to keep stressing them at a min.

Bobby, I would be VERY interested in seeing if your passenger side crossover section Vband looks like this.

268208-2442f1d6572234d0e9b2d374adcf59ef.jpg

or you cou[d do like me pay 1200 a few years and reweld new flanges on your rusted out cracked up TA headers

Holy cow! Looks like the mild steel bits rotted out bad. Hope you got some mileage out of them before that happened?

Last edited:
Please keep my post dedicated to the title, not something about gbodyparts and clay. I dont think there is anything more annoying that taking an informational post about a problem you are having and seeing it containing content aside of what you are trying to accomplish. Sorry, rant over.