running problems

nonos

Hi. Guys ,, can anyone recommend a good base paint and a good clear. Coat. The only one I know is TRIPLE BLACKI BELIEVE it's from PPP I'm not a pro but tired of. The b.s. thanks guys

We've used PPG Deltron, PPG Shop Line, Matrix.
Current project is a 55 Chevy pu. It's getting the Shop Line product.
My 55 Chevy sedan is getting the Shop Line, too.
I'm seeing some negative comments on Matrix. One being the price. Since they were bought out, they've skyrocketed the costs. Not worth it, in my opinion.
House of Color has been bought out, too. Prices are outta sight.
A "for instance"...A looonng deal on PPG Shop Line $
1 gallon of blue metallic, 1 gallon of silver metallic, reducers, activators, 1 gallon of grey sealer = $1450
I'd guess Deltron would be at least another $500.
Black is probably a less expensive color.
The Shop Line mixes 4:1:1
A "high end" clear is a good investment!

BASF glasurit FTW...expensive but the best IMOP ...PPG 9700 is their pure black .... most all blacks have some color in them... I will have to look in my notes on best factory matching codes

ok most prefer wa8555 vs wa848 code... for reference ... their have been problems with the OEM code wa848 coming out brownish in certain light ... but I agree with chuck on the high quality clear ..

I've often thought for a daily drive that Imron would be good, tough as nails. Old school so don't know if there's better now.

I've often thought for a daily drive that Imron would be good, tough as nails. Old school so don't know if there's better now.
Still hard to beat a quality single stage... I believe Spoolfools car is acrylic? Not sure on brand? ... Mike

I used house of kolor triple deep black, and I believe chroma clear.. Mike

I've seen discussions on the "blackest black", that included the black used on the Merc Marine Black Max outboards....

Go Glasurit on the clear. It has by far the deepest hue and reflection. I've used many manufacturers paint.... PPG, DuPont, RM, BASF, House of Kolor. Base is more forgiving go with stock paint code for GN unless you are jambing out the entire car with hood, doors and trunk off. You don't need to buy high end base. I like a good ruducer so paint atomization is better when sprayed.

Here is what I mean on reflection. Both cars under same florescent light in same garage. Both wet sanded and polished in the exact same manner with polishing products.
Turbo Regal Hood=PPG
Corvette Hood=Glasurit

Attachments

• 38B1692F-EF67-46EC-97EA-D0B7762F2562.jpeg
    38B1692F-EF67-46EC-97EA-D0B7762F2562.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 004176FA-9A6F-44A5-A3C8-45F8219F7C89.jpeg
    004176FA-9A6F-44A5-A3C8-45F8219F7C89.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 146
Back in 82, that's 1982 you wise guys, I painted my K-5 blazer with black enamel with the hardener. 4 years later it still looked pretty darn good and that's with 4 winters too. No polishing or wet sanding but it did have a little orange peel. Cost about $50, lol.

Back in 82, that's 1982 you wise guys, I painted my K-5 blazer with black enamel with the hardener. 4 years later it still looked pretty darn good and that's with 4 winters too. No polishing or wet sanding but it did have a little orange peel. Cost about $50, lol.
but your half blind now ...LOL

We've used PPG Deltron, PPG Shop Line, Matrix.
Current project is a 55 Chevy pu. It's getting the Shop Line product.
My 55 Chevy sedan is getting the Shop Line, too.
I'm seeing some negative comments on Matrix. One being the price. Since they were bought out, they've skyrocketed the costs. Not worth it, in my opinion.
House of Color has been bought out, too. Prices are outta sight.
A "for instance"...A looonng deal on PPG Shop Line $
1 gallon of blue metallic, 1 gallon of silver metallic, reducers, activators, 1 gallon of grey sealer = $1450
I'd guess Deltron would be at least another $500.
Black is probably a less expensive color.
The Shop Line mixes 4:1:1
A "high end" clear is a good investment!

Wow, thanks Chuck. I've got a lot to learn , those are some crazy prices
Thx again bud.

Wow, those are some crazy prices Thx. And yes I was hoping for PPG
But at those prices??