Alky Control Pump

So, is it #5 or #9 or both that eventually fails?
the diaphragm (6) is usually the first thing to fail ...5 and 9 ..are valve assembly one is for a bypass pump no pressure switch (9) ....and one is for a pressure switch pump (5) ...I believe there are also two drive head styles (10) ...one with threads and one without...not 100 percent sure on that...

the diaphragm (6) is usually the first thing to fail ...5 and 9 ..are valve assembly one is for a bypass pump no pressure switch (9) ....and one is for a pressure switch pump (5) ...I believe there are also two drive head styles (10) ...one with threads and one without...not 100 percent sure on that...

Ah, I see, seems a disassembly is in the works.......

I vacillate between Methanol and Denatured Alcohol. Work buys my Denatured Alky, so I use more of that..... :)
I buy 5 gallon buckets of M1 as a back up. I pour them both into unmarked 1 gallon containers to travel with. Never sure what I'm adding, honestly, it's never been a problem. I'll probably get flamed for it, but it is what it is.

I just know that after a year, my pump usually starts to leak.

Who cares, I still get drunk.. Or haul ass....Knocking on the door of a 9.99. Runs like a scalded cat. You're running faster? Tell me what I'm doing wrong, Einstein.

It's a low 10 second car, knocking on the door of a
I vacillate between Methanol and Denatured Alcohol :)
I Think that's it is like moonshine and vodka

I would not get drunk on either I like Bourbon
Weller 12 year or Pappy Van Winkle but cost more than a FAST XFIo_O

Denatured alky works good too but m1 meth works the best.running denatured alky will extend the life if the pump.meth will shorten it,but the power that m1 can make is 2nd to none

Got few bottles next to the gun safe
But drink Middle shelve stuff most of the time

I would not get drunk on either I like Bourbon
Weller 12 year or Pappy Van Winkle but cost more than a FAST XFIo_O

Whatever your pleasure, booze makes life palpable, bottom shelf or the good stuff. If you don't drink top shelf all the time, don't brag about it.... :cool:

And a stock computer, though old school and bottom shelf, will run pretty got damn fast on bottom shelf ACE HARDWARE brand denatured akly.

Good for you for buying the good stuff. ;) Now do it daily. I'll just keep on with my bottom shelf Vodka. I ain't ashamed. :)

Last edited:
awesome links, thanks for sharing, so these are the same parts Julio would use for rebuild?
not sure exactly what he uses ..i have heard he uses special washers... :geek: ..but if you have a surflo 8000 that is the recommended diaphram....there are multiple places to get a bunch of different parts for what ever pump you have.....just have to research exactly what you need...i believe there was one site with actuall schematic and parts break down of the surflo...