T top info

Leightoning

I am looking for T top bags for my 1980 regal. does anyone know where I could find some that will work for my car? there are some options but I am not sure which are the right size for mine. Also looking for some that will secure them down in the trunk.

I've always wondered if 3rd Gen f body bags would work. Those bags have hooks on the ends which grab onto hooks that are screwed onto the body of the car. Secures them very snugly. I wish GM would've figured out a way to secure our tops in the trunk.

I've always wondered if 3rd Gen f body bags would work. Those bags have hooks on the ends which grab onto hooks that are screwed onto the body of the car. Secures them very snugly. I wish GM would've figured out a way to secure our tops in the trunk.
Just picked up a used 3rd gen f body bag today. Haven't tried to see if they will fit, but will see tomorrow.

Were you able to grab the 4 hooks that screw into the body?
Well the bag is definitely not big enough for them. Very close, but not quite. But we have an idea to make an extension on the zipper. Also no didn't get the hooks or anything, but will have to figure out a way to secure them.

Definitely would like to see what you end up with.
Here is what I ended up with. Got someone to extend the back of the bag so they would both fit in good. Then put a piece of wood in the trunk to flatten it out, and covered it with carpet. Found some hooks that would work at a hardware store. Screwed them down and it works perfect for me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 109
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 109
I really like the idea of strapping them down. I don't know why they never did that with our cars .Looks great!