T-Top for 87 GN

GN Bob

What other vehicles' T-tops will fit the 87 GN?

I would think that T-tops from an 87 Monte Carlo fit but would like to know what other model years I could check.

My passenger side went airborne in a windstorm without any advanced warning. They only hover for a second and don't land gracefully at 75mph.

Hint to all garage mechanics:

Make sure yours are "FULLY" locked before going for a test ride after spending 4 friggin' hours on your back on a cold concrete floor changing your fuel pump alone. Can you tell I am a bit pissed at myself?

:mad:

Thanks

Monte and Cutlass should fit. They were all done by the same company.

Don't know about the Grand Prix of the 80's....never much liked that car so I never paid any attention.

If you have trouble finding one the local yard near me has an 87 442 that had both sides last time I checked.

They wanted 100.00 a side if memory serves.

Lone Wolf

I appreciate the info. If I can't locate one near by, I'll be back in touch with you.

Thanks.

All 81-88 g-bodies with t-tops will interchange, Regal/Monte/Cutlass/Grand Prix. 86-88's all have the locking style, 81-85 the non locking. And the SS's/GN's had black outer trim while the rest(maybe some other TR's did?) had chrome trim.

Most locking sets for for a little over $100 it seems...

The 442 was front ended. I think it still had the console and seats, dash was gone ;-)

Had rims and rear axle but I couldn't tell if the gears were still in the diff.

the 86 and 87 g bodys stand alone in the t-top department. they have a diff contour and design.

diffrent trim and part numbers.

81-88's are identical glass wise, and from how they look besides the 2 styles depending on the locking/non locking. Interior trim/handles are different on them as well...they interchange just fine. I had a rust bucket MC86SS with t-tops previously, broke one t-top and used one off of a 86 Cutlass, prior to finding that one I used a non locking set from a 85'SS.

All 81-88's also share the exact same interior t-top trim, t-top metal plates too.

Some g-bodies have aftermarket t-tops, and those would be different totally....visible from the outside, the glass starts about 3-4" past the winshield.

Thanks to all for your help. Now I can start my search with some confidence that what I ask for is what I want.