Swapping Radiator

WH1_T-Type

So I would do a search for this, but every time I try it says there is an error...

So here is my question to the general population.

Is there anything I should know before getting into a swap? I'm looking and it looks like unbolt/bolt back in.

Pitfalls? Thanks.

If it's a GN replacement radiator with both coolers you're going to notice the transmission lines won't clear. As best as I remember you have to bush the holes down and that adds about 1/2" of extra protrusion that you won't have room for. It seems like the lines are going to try and interfere with the A/C core.

WH1_T-Type said:
It's an aluminum replacement from one of the vendors. Supposed to be an exact fit.

Which one? ALRADCO is a perfect swap right in. So is the ArizonGN rad. My alradco is awesome. Looks stock with the powdercoating, cools like mad no matter what i throw at it.

Which one? ALRADCO is a perfect swap right in. So is the ArizonGN rad. My alradco is awesome. Looks stock with the powdercoating, cools like mad no matter what i throw at it.

If I recall correctly it was GN1Performance...just checked...guess they aren't a vendor here! ah well. it's a 3 row and looks like it'll do the job.

Made a dumb mistake and didn't mark which lines went where for the coolers. Which is oil and which is tranny? Top or bottom? Is it the same for the return lines? Assuming that the thicker ones that go directly into the back are the feed lines and the thinner ones coming out of the front are the return, is that correct?

Well, guess I figured it out. Seems like both of the thicker ones in the back are oil and the thinner ones in the front are both for the transmission. Sound right? Still wondering which is feed and which is return though.

Um the holes that face the motor are for the oil ones that face the front of the car are for the Tranny.

Why do you need inlet and outlet? Unless there is a check valve it shouldn't matter which is which. If you really need to know disconnect the ECM and crank the motor. The one with oil squirting out is the inlet to the cooler.