Suspension rebuild

If you used the parts list I sent you then you can torque everything down. It rotates so it shouldn't be an issue Matt. :) All the upper and lower bushings don't need to be loaded so you should be good.:D

You can torque down all the steering linkage, but save the upper & lower CA's until the front end is loaded.

You can torque down all the steering linkage, but save the upper & lower CA's until the front end is loaded.
Not if he uses the parts off the list I sent him.:D They're not regular bushings so it won't make a difference.;)

That's what I was thinking that because the LCA bushings are all steel that there wasn't a way for them to bind if torqued in the air. Thanks.

Everything is torqued down with exception of the axle nut. Short three cotter pins. Need one for the pitman arm nut and the ones for the upper and lower ball joints on the passenger side.

Anyone know the torque spec for the axle nut????

If I remember correctly, the service manual says to torque spindle nut to 12 lb/ft while spinning rotor forwards. Back off half a turn, then tighten to 12 lb/ft. Insert cotter pin (backing off nut if necessary).

What I usually do is tighten the nut until there is some resistance on the rotor, spin the rotor a few times, back off the nut and just hand tighten with a socket then install cotter pin. What you are really trying to do here is squeeze the grease out of the bearings to create a tight tolerance between the rollers & races. Make sure the rotor spins freely when finished.

I usually spin the rotor while I'm tightening the nut. Go until you have trouble turning the rotor, then back the nut off and gently snug it down to where they turn freely. Put the cotter pin in and you should be good.:)

Rained all day yesterday but got back to it today. Both rotors and brakes are on, just putting the tires on!

You should have another set of storms headed your way in a couple of days. Get it out and align it and see how she feels.:)

Hauling it to one of the few Marine Corp Exchanges in the country tomorrow or Saturday. They have an alingment shop there and they are only a mile away!! Gonna pay more than if I took it to another shop that is a bit farther away (would still be towed), but the extra money spent at the MC Exchange is spent to support the lower ranking familys that are having a tough go at it.

Exchange closed. Took it somewhere else. Glad I have towing insurance!

Anyways, car is done as far as suspension goes! Gotta do rear brake job, chase a bouncing idle/hard start, and replace the hood liner!

Exchange closed. Took it somewhere else. Glad I have towing insurance!

Anyways, car is done as far as suspension goes! Gotta do rear brake job, chase a bouncing idle/hard start, and replace the hood liner!
Did you get a chance to drive it Matt? Just wondering how it felt to you with all the new mods done.:D