Superior super servo 200 4R

Tom87GNX

Anyone have the install instructions for this servo. I picked up a used one from a board member a while back but didn't get anything with it. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Tom

After reading some posts I noticed that the superior servos don't use the cushion spring? Can anyone verify this for sure as this is really the info I was trying to get. I'm swapping my trans tomorrow since the original has seen better days and I just want to install it correctly the first time since I'll be doing so before it's in the car. Thanks.
Tom

Sonnax has instructions at their site. You can google to get there. Very similar setup.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Anyone have the install instructions for this servo. I picked up a used one from a board member a while back but didn't get anything with it. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Tom
I have the instructions if you want them PM your email address if you still need them. One thing I've learned is the Superior Servo tends to cause a loud "Clunk" as it changes from 3 to 2. I'm in the process or getting a Sonnax one to solve this issue. Otherwise the Superior one works great.

Stew, thanks for emailing those instructions. I appreciate your time in doing so.

Tom

Stew, thanks for emailing those instructions. I appreciate your time in doing so.

Tom

Hey Tom, No problem. I'm just happy I could help someone on here for a change.

I hope you got my second emails about using the servo cushion spring? If you don't use it, it can clunk when going from 3rd to 2nd. Really annoying!

Hey Tom, No problem. I'm just happy I could help someone on here for a change.

I hope you got my second emails about using the servo cushion spring? If you don't use it, it can clunk when going from 3rd to 2nd. Really annoying!
Am I clear understanding that with the Super Servo its suggested to leave the 3rd accumulator spring in, remove the 3rd accumulator Teflon seal like the instructions say and this will avoid the 3-2 clunk. Will this setup still give me a firm 1-2 shift?

Yep. I just used the return spring (the one that goes in first) and left the cushion spring out. My set-up shifted great but clunked real bad so install that spring too. Yes, leave the seal off as it does nothing in this set up anyway. The accumulator piston ends up just being a spacer anyway. I now run the Sonnax servo with a heavier return spring and cushion spring. Still shifts great and no 3-2 clunk but a bit of a 2-3 clunk now.....

Yes leave the spring in and just remove the lip seal from the 2-3 piston (re install the 2-3 piston). Mine has a nice shift all around, the more I get on it the firmer it shifts. Also seems to make the car lunge forward under hard accel which I've been told is what it should do ( knowledge learned from Dave Husek). Mine has positive shifts but not neck breaking abusive shifts.

I left the big spring in but I some how damaged the small diameter servo seal when I installed it in the billet cover and it was holding the first shift with light throttle up to 4k before 1st to 2nd shift so when I pulled it back out I found the one inch tear on the small lip seal. When I get the new seal kit should I use grease or petroleum jelly or something other than ATF on the seals when I assemble the covers, piston and accumulator. Also is there a secret to pushing the cover in the transmission far enough to put in the locking ring in place, I'm having trouble getting the wire retainer seated in its groove. This is not a drag car just looking for a firmer 1-2 shift and 3-2 down shift.Thanks guys for the help just starting to regret this upgrade cause now it will likely take a couple of weeks just to get the new seals for the SUPER SERVO. Thanks again

I always use ATF and lube the seals very well. As far as installing the retaining ring I take out the cat heat shield on the pass. side floor pan, and I put a piece of plywood against the floor ( on the side of trans tunnel ) and using a prybar I apply pressure to the servo cover until I can install the ring.