Super Charging an 88 Olds?

turbojkt

I've got a 1988 Olds (Regency 88 FWD) with a 3.8 motor. Would a SC and intake from a 97 to 03 Buick GS bolt on? What else in addition to the computer would one need for this conversion?

You'd be better of getting a Series II S/c 3800 motor and start from there, It may be a difference between K-frames so I'd research it all first.

The intake and supercharger for a Series II/III will not fit a Series I motor, the deck height on Series I is a bit over an inch taller and the heads are wrong (no injector bosses). If you wanted to supercharge the Series I you would need a L32 intake and supercharger from a Series I supercharged (94'95' riviera, 95' and earlier park ave' ultra), along with the front accsessory drive. Basicly take the motor down to the short block and put it back together with the supercharged parts, lots of work. The L32 supercharged also has no aftermarket save for pulleys and roller rocker arms, the most you could get is mabey 250-260 hp. Go with a Series II/III motor if you're gonna do it. My $0.02