Summit Race Series at Irwindale

Drewster

Wish I Had A Clone. AKA Andrew Youlio
Someone has to be interested it this! found out last week
Sunday competition races at Irwindale

Not sure what happened to the original link here is a different one

http://www.eurotuner.com/news/eurp_1205_racing_returns_to_irwindale/index.html

After a dramatic four-month closure of the facility, Southern California motorsport fans can rejoice because racing returns to Irwindale Speedway.
It comes with the announcement of a six-race 2012 NHRA Summit Drag Racing Series.
"We're all pleased about being back," said Bob Klein representing the track. "We need to thank everybody, they've all gone above and beyond to get us back on this track and racing."
The competition will kick off Sunday, May 27 (Memorial Day weekend) with races following on June 17, July 8, August 5, August 26, and September 9 (all Sundays).
The four National Hot Rod Association classes competing are: Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman, and Pro Bike. Each vehicle has an elapsed time range (in seconds) in its class: Super Pro (5.70-7.49), Pro (6.40-8.59), Sportsman (7.50-12.60) and Pro Bike (5.70 and slower).
Electronics are allowed in the Super Pro class (staging and launch control). There's no limit on the number of classes racers can compete in, and the entry fee for each class is the same $55.
Gates open at 7:30am, with tech inspection at 8am, a competitor's meeting at 10am, and time trials firing off at 10:15am. Elimination racing begin at 1pm and run until 4pm.
Fans are welcome since the compact-but-contentious eighth-mile drag strip at Irwindale is a great place to watch cars smoking tires and scratching for speed. There will be food and drink concession, free parking, and the pits are open to the public.
Adults are $10, youngsters $5, and children under 5 are free.

Read more: http://www.eurotuner.com/news/eurp_1205_racing_returns_to_irwindale/index.html#ixzz1wyu7I4Rs

I fixed the link. June 17th is the next sunday race at Irwindale. I dont know why this is on Eurotuner pages, all I saw was american muscle cars when i was there on May 28th