Summit aluminum radiator

This is a radiator with two rows of 1 inch tubes and that is the most important feature to look for,however it is too narrow and not the best deal.
I've spent countless hours searching the web for good sources for our cars and here is the one you want and it doesn't have the oil cooler.
If you must have the oil cooler,the only choice is the Alradco. I say this because it too has two rows of 1 inch tubes which is the most efficient option for us unless we want to spend $1,000.00 for a custom built radiator with one 2 inch wide tube.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-87-Old...Parts_Accessories&hash=item259dfbc809&vxp=mtr

Last edited:
Turboclam, if you want the best bang for your buck you can't go wrong with Peter @ ALRADCO. Top notch product from a top notch seller!

I like the aluminum f body rads. Very inexpensive and easy to find and bolt right in. The factory trans cooler lines will need to be modified to work with the trans cooler...or you can get an inexpensive separate trans cooler. I have never had a cooling issue even in TX with the ac on.

Thanks for the replies guys. I like the Alradco stuff but honestly just trying to save some $ here and there. Within just the last couple of years I've spent very close to 30K on this car. I still need an intercooler, torque convertor, hydroboost set-up and a complete interior. Trying to be a budget shopper, lol. I need a different hobby.

I like the aluminum f body rads. Very inexpensive and easy to find and bolt right in. The factory trans cooler lines will need to be modified to work with the trans cooler...or you can get an inexpensive separate trans cooler. I have never had a cooling issue even in TX with the ac on.
This radiator has 1 row of 1 inch wide cooling tubes. The Alradco and 3 other aftermarket radiators,I know of,have two rows of 1 inch wide cooling tubes with the correct inlet and outlet tube sizes. The only thing that cools better than this is 1 row of 2 inch wide cooling tubes which we can have for $1,000.00 and doesn't come with the oil cooler.

Last edited:
I have an aluminum Griffen Radiator from Jegs. It is a 2 row and each row is 1". It was about $300 but I have external coolers.

Another option that the lower radiator hose fits better to that the f body radiator is the 87 Regal 307 v8 radiator. IIRC the tubes/rows were comparable or better than the f body.

Are you in need of it now? Reason why is sometimes Pete@alradco has units that have slight blemishes w powder coating etc that he sells at an awesome price. Just a thought. I'd say save for Alradco but if its budget minded get something that you know works and go w fbody

I got a F body radiator from advance. I ordered it online last summer and had a great coupon code and got it for about 65 bucks. They had it in stock and it has a lifetime warranty. Very hard to beat that

Well I purchased a new F-body radiator made by BeCool (blemished) with the Trans cooler off of eBay. $263 shipped. Part # 62015. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info guys.

Another option that the lower radiator hose fits better to that the f body radiator is the 87 Regal 307 v8 radiator. IIRC the tubes/rows were comparable or better than the f body.
Yeah I realized this after I spent the money on one. The specific gbody ones seem to be built better also. If my motor ever comes out I'm going to put regular cooler lines in it and get a gbody radiator. They're installed in the full size cars too which are still plentiful in most yards. I got one that was practically new on 1/2 price day at the local pull a part. Paid less than 40 bucks for intrepid fans and new radiator for my 455 beater project. Score!

Well I purchased a new F-body radiator made by BeCool (blemished) with the Trans cooler off of eBay. $263 shipped. Part # 62015. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info guys.
Does it have 2 rows of 1 inch wide tubes?
What are the diameters of the inlet and outlet tubes?
Where is the petcock located?

It has two rows of 1".

Petcock is on driver's side sticking toward the steering box.

Inlet 1.5

Outlet 1 3/4