Summer Time Madness

Justin85

So this past summer has been really great! But one story that sticks out to me to most was a Subaru STI ..
It was a cool summer night and I just got my new combo running right, I was heading down the highway and a group of younger guys about my age come racing past in a BMW a Subaru and a 240sx.. They start to slow down once they pass me... I knew then and there shit was about to get real. So I warn my girl about whats going to happen. The STI starts to get to the same speed with me and his two buddies where behind. He rolls down the window and gives the nod....... Honk Honk Honk that STI starts moving I lay into it slow watching my gauges and about a second later I'm flying by the Subaru like he was a standing object.. I hear the 6262 just winding out light a fighter jet turbine.. and I'm already maxed out at 140KM's and climbing... I can say it took a few moments for the speedo to even come back down to 140 lol. The three cars turned off at the next exit and I knew at that moment I'd own my Turbo T for the rest of my life. They are such a fun car to cruise and a perfect sleeper to play around in.

The next one that stand out was a 1967 Camaro that sounded like it was worked we both where lined at the red light and I hear the SBC or BBC revving up... So as any normal TR owner would do I started to break boost, And when that light went green I laid down quite a smack down. It was a short small pull but it was fun to beat a resto mod 67

Cool summer night. What's that? FL summers are hot. Thanks for sharing, I think we all live for those few special moments and memories.

Up here in Canada it can get pretty chilly some nights haha ,"Turbo weather"

Oh yeah.. These cars just love the ice cold air. The problem I have with it is I can't hook up when the road and tires are ice cold. Doing a burnout at each traffic light is not really an option.

One blip to 1/4 throttle...boost..and the Nittos skate.

...and I'm always on the lookout for a ricer who wants to try me. A punk-driven STI is like caviar to "Mr Black".

Go ahead and google "Boxy old black car just whooped my a**".

Well , This race was from a roll , so I only skated for a moment on the shift too second.. I was lucky lol

I'm still rolling around on bald BFG hockey pucks.. talk about a tire that burns rubber.

Always fun to put those guys in their place. There's a tuner shop in town called IAG Performance that specializes in only Subi's so there are a ton of WRX's and STI's running around. More than a few have learned not to mess with a certain old maroon Buick :sneaky:.