Suggestions of things to add to site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too would like to see an assortment of skins. I got used to the yellow and red.
From what I see (https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/95-vBulletin-Style-Packs?) you can get free skin packs and if you search for skins in google a whole slew of websites pop up.
Is there something with the VB version installed that prohibits the use of free skins?
Thanks

VB4 uses a completely different skin format than VB3 but if theyre for VB4, then they would work. However, out of the box they are not going to look "right" and would need editting to have a fluid appearance.

Other problems are any time you make a change that requires a template edit, you have to edit every one by hand. I had to do that on the old forum and it was a pain.

Im not interested in adding free skins here. Theyre more trouble than theyre worth usually. If you guys want to pitch in money to have the old format ported over, Ill get a quote from the artist I work with. I figure you're probably looking at around $500 to have it done.

I too would like to see an assortment of skins. I got used to the yellow and red.
From what I see (https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/95-vBulletin-Style-Packs?) you can get free skin packs and if you search for skins in google a whole slew of websites pop up.
Is there something with the VB version installed that prohibits the use of free skins? I guess you want some level of identity so you need some modification of a skin?
Thanks

Thanks. I personally like the clean, clear, crisp, white look. - or yellow and red.
I did see this tool- https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry.php/2474-vBulletin-3-to...
Maybe this can port the old skins?

Me tooooo.:cool:
Like mabe a little Hally Berry or Megan Fox..........:biggrin:

O I would pay to delete politics and e-bay.....and Ty....;)

Im going to add this functionality back but it will be the last thing I readd as it would appear the mod that hides forums can break when other mods are installed so I think that one needs to be done last.

Get to the shoutbox boys, just like the old days on the babyship circa 2004 :biggrin:

I dont understand what youre asking for about the last post. Can you explain it to me a little better?

When I come to the site, I hit "New Posts". In the list that shows how many pages of new posts, I could used to hit "Go to last page" or something similar and open it in a new window or tab. I would have page 1 open along with page 1X and read the posts of interest to me until both windows/tabs were on the same page. Just saves me some time reading 14 pages of new posts when I do it that way.

With the new layout it shows 4 pages with no quick link to the last page. I open the last page showing in a new window/tab, then theres's a few more pages added. I keep doing this until I eventually get to the last page.

Everything is migrated that will be migrated but if we lost any posts, it wasnt very many.

I would have showed you the link but after going to my previous posts ALL my old posts are gone except the two that I posted here recently....:( That needs to be fixed as it is always nice to go back and view something I posted..SW.

That's what I meant about that.

I remember towards the end of the old board, we could post pics in private messages. I went to do this today and it appears that it can't be uploaded to a PM, I'd have to upload it to a host website just for a PM. Not a huge priority I know, but I noticed it was gone.

Thanks for listening to us crybabies! We'll get used to the colors.

I remember towards the end of the old board, we could post pics in private messages. I went to do this today and it appears that it can't be uploaded to a PM, I'd have to upload it to a host website just for a PM. Not a huge priority I know, but I noticed it was gone.

Thanks for listening to us crybabies! We'll get used to the colors.

Ill look into this this morning. That should be a stock function.

I also used the forum jump feature at the bottom of the forum pages quite often and I see they are gone too. Nothing I couldn't live without but I did use it.

I also used the forum jump feature at the bottom of the forum pages quite often and I see they are gone too. Nothing I couldn't live without but I did use it.

I miss that as well. Now after I post I scroll all the way back to the top to click on the section title again to view other threads. Unless I'm missing something?
I like the new layout and think once everything is sorted, will be a nice improvement.

Would also like to see the old stickies cleaned up. I don't notice new ones because each section tends to have so many.

Peter

Possible add for you Jay. I doubt you can do it, but show how many are subscibed to a thread. No names but total suscriptions.

is there any way to get rid of the shoutbox so that it doesn't pop back up every time i log in?

Status
Not open for further replies.