Suggestions for a different muffler

moparkid

A couple years ago, I purchased a 3" single exhaust system for my GN from another member here. The system came with a Magnaflow muffler. I've had Magnaflow exhaust on other vehicles, and have a stainless kit on my Dodge Ram. I love how it sounds on the truck, but on the GN is another story... I have a lot of droan noise with the windows up, and I can't say I really enjoy the tone of the exhaust at an idle either.

I'm looking for suggestions for a muffler with good sound, low to no drone, and will not affect performance. I removed a flow master system from the car, and gained a lot with the 3" single. Any and all suggestions are appreciated, and if a part number can be supplied that's an added bonus.

Thanks!

It's going to take more than one muffler if you want a drone free system. It seems like the guys that were successful had 3 different mufflers that handled different frequencies.

I've got a 3" single with a Dynomax Race Magnum muffler. I love the way it sounds at idle but I hate it at WOT. (that's not the exhausts fault though, I think all TRs sound like shit at full honk). If I was to go back in time, I would have left the muffler off and put in a straight pipe. The race mag didn't quiet the car down any, it just took away the whistle....

.....and I like the whistle. :)

If I was to go back in time, I would have left the muffler off and put in a straight pipe. The race mag didn't quiet the car down any, it just took away the whistle....

.....and I like the whistle. :)

Yep, I couldn't agree more!

Joe