Stroker built motor Pan to Plenum

Status
Not open for further replies.

1NASTYGN

Looking to sell my fully built and balanced motor with engine harness built for a FASTXFI set up, pan to plenum. Less than 800 miles, car sits in garage, gets an oil change every other month regardless of use, never ran hotter than 193 degrees. Complete with FASTXFI , TCI TCU, custom 4l80e torque converter and Precision 6870cea. $16k

Stoker 274ci RJC Girdle: ARP head studs. 4140 Eagle 3.400 crank, Molnar rods, and JE 9:1 pistons. 224/224 Custom Grind Cam. Ported TA performance SE heads with 1.60 rockers, Champion intake, and 72mm throttlebody. GN1 4 bolt headers, 46MM WG, 160lb injectors, Poly mounts, Executive RJC pullies polished.
Pictures and live video of Fast Edash and Fastxfi monitor motor videos will be uploaded later this weekend.

:pI'm jumping to the dark side.

What block and who built/machined it?

Nice to see someone still has some sense in their head (ls).....

All internals came from David Husek. Machined and balanced by Hobbs Performance in Las Cruces. Tuned by Cal Hartline. Any part that was ordered for this motor came from either Jack Cotton, Don Cruz or Mike at FT, RJC

Figured I have had this GN since it was brand new might as well...

Any issues?

I'm considering this very setup or LS3 but curious why you'd do all this, not drive it, then want to swap?
What sealed the deal to bail?

No issues ever. I'm pulling motor to replace tired AC with a vintage air and pulling motor to clean everything up anyway. I have a built LS ready for another build ,with the 4l80e in the GN, 3" exhaust and other upgrades I am over half way there.

i wonder why you would put all that good parts into a 4.1 production block with a girdle. The webbing would still crack with big boost, surprised you wouldn't find a stage 2 block with all the money you put out. I had a build very similar but with a 109 tuned by Cal Hartline it made over 700 rwhp however Cal said i was on borrowed time. Cal said i probably had 3 to 5 low 9 sec pass and that was it. I went stage block and never looked back.

i wonder why you would put all that good parts into a 4.1 production block with a girdle. The webbing would still crack with big boost, surprised you wouldn't find a stage 2 block with all the money you put out. I had a build very similar but with a 109 tuned by Cal Hartline it made over 700 rwhp however Cal said i was on borrowed time. Cal said i probably had 3 to 5 low 9 sec pass and that was it. I went stage block and never looked back.

Yet you did it anyway. He's now selling his. What did you do with yours, Amazing Kreskin?

Way to arm chair quarter back.........:)

JUs' sayin'.

Who said it was a 4.1 block? It is a stock block with forged stroker kit and girdle. This motor makes more than 700hp easy.

You might want to check your facts. Your 274 cid isn't possible with a 3.4 stroke crank.

This is a long arm kit and crank should support some serious power. I emailed David and will get the specifics. David and my machinist Dennis worked on this build since I believe there was something that needed to be done to block to make sure it would last. Girdle was probably over kill. I’m no mechanic and won’t claim to be.

Any build receipts?
TA heads flow #?
Edash included?
What would you take minus 4L80 converter and TCU programmer?

This is very similar to my option 1 plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.