Walboro twins

Items to purchase yet:
6466 turbo
214/214 cam
alky - thinking of doing 26 psi
?? injectors
Mega squirt or maybe XFI
Aftermarket drive shaft & yoke to be converted to 1350

So I was talking to my mechanic last night & we had some open questions.

Does anyone think the the twin walboros are enough fuel?

My mechanic believes I should go away from the external waste gate for reliability reasons & concerns that we can't port the turbo hole out big enough to control boost. He is wanting to do a RJC downpipe. I don't see that the 3" dp that they offer is compatible w clearance of ATR headers. Any suggestions here?

The numbers I listed for the converter tells you how loose it should be, should I send it off to be tightened before I put the car back together? What number should I go to?

I have some questions as to if my ATR intercooler will take this much air efficiently. I was planing to add test ports to the inlet & outlet tanks to check the pressure differential, I assume I should have less than 2psi? I've never experienced any intake temp problems on the street that I think people have complained about in the past. My previous build was a 440rwhp motor on pump gas.

This car will be street driven 99% of the time. I'm a type of person that wants to go fast out the light, not do burnouts taking off, so maybe my hp will be limited to that amount or maybe the mega squirt system can do my traction control or it can just reduce the boost n 1st if I add some sensors to the drive train. Also, reliability is tops, as I don't have a truck or trailer.

I assume the combo I have will not be mismatched?

The whole thing sounds pretty well balanced to me.
I'm not familiar with the converter.
A good external waste gate is no problem ... maybe a Tial?
Twin Walbros can be tricky to set up.
You might want to consider a Racetronix fuel line setup with one good in tank pump and a set of 80 # injectors.

I have 80's but wish I had went 120's (still might) to run e85. If this is even an option or consideration for you.

I have 80's but wish I had went 120's (still might) to run e85. If this is even an option or consideration for you.

Hang on here,you said in your first post that you were going to buy an alchy kit.
Now you say you're going to run E85.
Is it going to be one or both?
If it's E85,definitely 120's.

Hang on here,you said in your first post that you were going to buy an alchy kit.
Now you say you're going to run E85.
Is it going to be one or both?
If it's E85,definitely 120's.
LOL, I was trying to say to the op if e85 is an inclination at all do the 120's. I use 80's with a 800hp turbo but wish I had bought the 120's to use with e85. Not my thread.

Don't think the liquid intercooler is the best choice for a street car. Most I've seen are in a drag car b/c they heat soak on the street.

Last edited:
I'm just saying my previous build, my intercooler runs within 10 deg of ambient when I get on to 90mph