STREET MACHINE NATIONALS

Next year hopefully. If this turns into what it used to be 20 years ago...it will be one of the biggest gatherings in the USA. It was huge back in the day. 1993 had almost 4000 cars on the grounds alone. Probably another 5000 in town and around. It was awesome.
Sturgis for hot rods.

I believe Woodward is the largest now.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Next year hopefully. If this turns into what it used to be 20 years ago...it will be one of the biggest gatherings in the USA. It was huge back in the day. 1993 had almost 4000 cars on the grounds alone. Probably another 5000 in town and around. It was awesome.
Sturgis for hot rods.

Sturgis for hot rods.

Yes It was a big deal. I think almost everyone would vote Duquoin as their favorite site of all the SMN locations. We just have to hope everyone acts right or it will be kicked out just like it was before. We are really lucky to have it return. I was at every one from 1981-1996. Maybe you remember one of my Buick's that were there. Skylark 1981-82 / Yellow GS 1983-1986 / White GS 1987-1996
100_4328.JPG
100_4357.JPG
( I didnt own my GN until 2000 )

There were soooo many cars, its hard to remember without going back thru the pictures. I did SMN in 93 only. I did the Hot Rod Supernats from 1989 to 2004.

I was at smn from 89-93. Parked my GN in spectator parking the first year. Entered it in the show the other years, much better to drive in than walk in.

Kent Buckles said:
Cmon Ronnie, just do it! Seriously if you end up going, let me know

Rodger that.... hell I think I still have one of those 5 ft. trophies from the 90's

Went through Duquoin tonight. Saw probably 50 cars as I was just passing by a few local spots already gathering.... Sweet.

Getting ready to head that way shortly. got the camera and the sun screen. 92 was my last CC Nats. I miss the pro street days.

Got meet Kent Buckles and see his beautiful 87 Buick Grand National at the Street Machine Nationals today. Lots of nice cars.

Ronnie got out ! Good to see you..

OMG with all those people I don't know how I missed him:) Also what part of the fair grounds were you parked at Brad? told the wife I'd like to meet you? by looking at your post time did you two meet up at the Drag Strip?