Street Car Chaos at US41 in IN on Friday, July 20th!

SPOT MY 6

Stock crawlin National...
This will be the 2nd Street Car Chaos held at US41 dragway in Moroco, IN. This is considered street racing. They take the tree down, the clocks are shut off, and you can spot people out car lengths to make up for e.t differences. For example, if you have an 11.00 car and you want to race someone with a camaro, but they are slower than you, you can spot them out say for example 5 car lengths. Yes, you actually have someone go on the track and measure out each car length one after another.

Since the trees are down, you will have a flagger on the race track. You can choose to leave off of a flag (hands up in the air and then dropped), off of a flash light (you leave as soon as the light turns on) or you can give someone the leave (i.e. the bust, the crack, etc. etc., where one person leaves first, and as soon as you see their car go you can chase). The first event was last month and they had a HUGE turnout.

With street racing being the main focus here, money and gambling is involved. Saw a race for $500 last month. You can set up races with anyone in the lot for any amount of money (or for free) and you can work out the spots and so on...

You will be allowed to put VHT down as long as it is in the burnout box, incase you want to do a VHT burnout.

I would like to see some more buicks out there, last time I only saw 2 that were racing out of about 300 cars.

This is on Friday, July 20th at US 41 dragway in Moroco, IN (about 1 1/2 hours southeast of chicago) Gates open at 4:30. Please reply to this thread if you want any info, and if you are planning on comming. It would be cool to get a group of TR's together and win a little bit of $$$$$$$$.

**Filly**

I think I can make that event. That track is the best I have been on! I used to race drag bikes and have been to that track a few times. A night of spotting out ricers for cash sounds like fun.:D

Ok I'am there

Just got someone to cover for me at work so I can attend this event. You kinda got me pumped up now.

Look for me...
87 GN...
100 in the tank...
Full bottle of NOS in the trunk...
And a pair of Chop Sticks for eat'n rice!:D
I will bring a fork for the stangs!:p

Do they....
still sell Sunoco Race Fuels at that track?
have a scale yet? I know they wanted to put one in.
have NOS fills or do I need to bring an extra bottle?

Oh and how much is it to get in and run?
And how late do they run?

Cool!

Originally posted by Quickturbosix

Do they....
still sell Sunoco Race Fuels at that track?
have a scale yet? I know they wanted to put one in.
have NOS fills or do I need to bring an extra bottle?

Oh and how much is it to get in and run?
And how late do they run?

Here is what I know so far:

Gates open at 4:30, and it is $10 for spectator, $20 to race.

As far as the gas and NOS refills, I will get back to you on that. Im not sure on the scale either, but I dont remember seeing one or hearing that they have one.

As far as how late they go till: Last time they raced until I think like 2:30 am! They wont close the track until it starts to get cleared out, everyone lost all their money gambling, or the weather takes over! It will probably end at around 2 am again.

Ill post back and let ya know about the other stuff.

Sounds good to me..

Wow 2:30am, way cool. I'am going to try and get a friend to bring up his 11 sec T-type also. Wheater is looking good for friday night too. The car is getting a fresh tune this week, and its got a brand new set of BFG drags on it so maybe a mid 12 is going to happen for me. I have been waiting for a event like this around here. Be my first time at the track this year, all though not the first race.:D

DAMN, if only I had my GN ready, I'd kill to be there. Well I'm sure I'll still swing by and check out the races, what else is there to do till 2:30 am on a friday night?:D

Scott

Identify yourselfs with your tag numbers and car colors on this post if your gonna be there, maybe we can meet up and talk. Even though my baby wont be up there, Id still like to take a look at your rides!:p

Well I missed this one

Man I wanted to be there but couldn't get the car tuned in time to make it.:mad:

How did the event go and when is the next one?