Stranded at work...turbo is wasted..need help

VadersV6

Hey guys....I thought I had a bad pump in the tranny or bad TC cause it sounded just like it. It was whining really bad...sounded exactly like a bad TC or pump. Wasnt blowing any smoke out of the exhaust. Turned out it was the turbo.
I was going 30mph the whole way to work (35 miles) and it was grinding and rattling and by the time I got to work the car was blowing so much smoke I couldnt see anything around me. The last 1000 feet I thought the car was on fire. I finally got to work and popped the intake tube off and the whole rotating assembly is completely wasted. Impellar blades are gone, whole shaft is completely flopping around cause the bearings are completely gone. I'm stuck at work and its like the worst time for this to happen. Had our electricity shut off twice in the past month, last week had our water shut off and the roots of the tree in our front yard broke the main water feed to our house 2 days ago and just had that fixed, we're in a situation where we cant pay our mortgage, and now this.
Is there anyone in south orange county/Lake Forest area who has a stock turbo they would let go for real cheap? Doesn't even have to be in perfect working condition. Just good enough to get me around till I can get a good turbo.
Any help would be extremely appreciated..:frown:

Thats what Im talking about!

Got am stock one .
Its yours if you want it .

Buick guys always step up in times of need. On a different note is it possible for the oil to get contaminated on a blow up like urs? I would change the oil and filter just to make sure.

Hey guys....I thought I had a bad pump in the tranny or bad TC cause it sounded just like it. It was whining really bad...sounded exactly like a bad TC or pump. Wasnt blowing any smoke out of the exhaust. Turned out it was the turbo.
I was going 30mph the whole way to work (35 miles) and it was grinding and rattling and by the time I got to work the car was blowing so much smoke I couldnt see anything around me. The last 1000 feet I thought the car was on fire. I finally got to work and popped the intake tube off and the whole rotating assembly is completely wasted. Impellar blades are gone, whole shaft is completely flopping around cause the bearings are completely gone. I'm stuck at work and its like the worst time for this to happen. Had our electricity shut off twice in the past month, last week had our water shut off and the roots of the tree in our front yard broke the main water feed to our house 2 days ago and just had that fixed, we're in a situation where we cant pay our mortgage, and now this.
Is there anyone in south orange county/Lake Forest area who has a stock turbo they would let go for real cheap? Doesn't even have to be in perfect working condition. Just good enough to get me around till I can get a good turbo.
Any help would be extremely appreciated..:frown:
This is the heartless, overpriced, abuse all my customers, mean spirited Lou offering to help. 949-378-1590 I have something that will work. Call me.

Wow Pete thats awesome thanks! I think my buddy is trying to find out where the turbo is located.
Lou- Ive never said any of that about you. I only said you're a hothead, and despite it all, Ive still referred alot of people your way.
My wife just about had a heart attack and hung up on me when I told her.
I've told you a million times to sell that piece of ****!
I said "if we make over 100k a year, live in a small house, have no car payments and I need a cheap part to fix my car, and because of it we cant pay the mortgage, maybe the problem isnt the car." She said "dont be an *******!" and hung up on me.
Damn.
I cant believe how people step in to help like this.
When the pipe blew at my house and I was having heart palpitations (bad heart) while digging a trench, I said "damn I wish I had a skiploader to do this." 5 minutes later a skiploader pulled out of the backyard of a house 5 places down...some guy had a tree blow a pipe just like me. The owner of the house ended up fixing it all for me for probably half the price someone else would have.
In spite of being an ass hole, it still seems someone up there likes me. And a few down here too.:smile:

My Hero !!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the heartless, overpriced, abuse all my customers, mean spirited Lou offering to help. 949-378-1590 I have something that will work. Call me.

you guys, Lou and Pete, are what is all about, thanks guys,
screw all them whiners,
I don't hear them speaking up to help.

If I had a spare turbo I would be able to help but I sell my parts to pay for new. Plus I'm out in Corona right now. Call Lou. I should be home by 4pm If your still at work and need help with tools. 714-717-3004

Wow Pete thats awesome thanks! I think my buddy is trying to find out where the turbo is located.
Lou- Ive never said any of that about you. I only said you're a hothead, and despite it all, Ive still referred alot of people your way.
My wife just about had a heart attack and hung up on me when I told her.
I've told you a million times to sell that piece of ****!
I said "if we make over 100k a year, live in a small house, have no car payments and I need a cheap part to fix my car, and because of it we cant pay the mortgage, maybe the problem isnt the car." She said "dont be an *******!" and hung up on me.
Damn.
I cant believe how people step in to help like this.
When the pipe blew at my house and I was having heart palpitations (bad heart) while digging a trench, I said "damn I wish I had a skiploader to do this." 5 minutes later a skiploader pulled out of the backyard of a house 5 places down...some guy had a tree blow a pipe just like me. The owner of the house ended up fixing it all for me for probably half the price someone else would have.
In spite of being an ass hole, it still seems someone up there likes me. And a few down here too.:smile:
My statement was not directed to anyone in particular.In fact I didn't realize till after I replied it was you. I'm sorry about your hard luck. Some people tend to really get depressed this time of the year not that you don't have a good reason. So cheer up & call me if you need that part. Your friend Lou

My statement was not directed to anyone in particular.In fact I didn't realize till after I replied it was you. I'm sorry about your hard luck. Some people tend to really get depressed this time of the year not that you don't have a good reason. So cheer up & call me if you need that part. Your friend Lou

Thanks Lou. Unfortunately I dont have a dollar to spare. I told my wife I could get a used turbo for 160 bucks and she said we dont have 20 bucks to spare after the water pipe blew. The most I could offer/barter is a stock IC and an LS1 MAF that works fine. This whole year has been bad for alot of people. Hopefully next year will be better for everyone. The turbo is so bad that I cant even put put it over to your shop. Imagine a turbo with no bearings in it at all. Thats how bad it is. Probably used 2 quarts of oil climbing up the street at work. No joke. The oil feed line to the turbo started leaking bad 2 years ago. I bought a new fitting. Still leaked bad. I got another fitting and re-flared the line. Still leaked bad. Cut and reflared again. Still leaked. Got a compression fitting. Still leaked. Tried another one. Still leaked. I was stranded at work and the leak was so bad that I got fed up and sweat soldered the joint. Didnt leak after that. This was about 30,000 miles ago. The turbo was fine for a long time, then about 6 months back I started seeing alot of thrust play in the shaft. This all started after using some Lucas oil stabilizer. Just 4 days ago I was running 23psi with quick spool and no oil consumption. Yesterday I started hearing really bad whining after getting off an offramp. Thought it was the tranny. Then it got worse and worse each day. Seems like once the oil pressure dropped, the noise would start. Never had an oil pressure gauge so I have no idea if my oil pressure is low. But Im pretty sure the oil feed line to the turbo is clogged or coked up. Its like theres no oil getting to the turbo. God only knows how much metal found its way into the motor.

Thanks Lou. Unfortunately I dont have a dollar to spare. I told my wife I could get a used turbo for 160 bucks and she said we dont have 20 bucks to spare after the water pipe blew. The most I could offer/barter is a stock IC and an LS1 MAF that works fine. This whole year has been bad for alot of people. Hopefully next year will be better for everyone. The turbo is so bad that I cant even put put it over to your shop. Imagine a turbo with no bearings in it at all. Thats how bad it is. Probably used 2 quarts of oil climbing up the street at work. No joke. The oil feed line to the turbo started leaking bad 2 years ago. I bought a new fitting. Still leaked bad. I got another fitting and re-flared the line. Still leaked bad. Cut and reflared again. Still leaked. Got a compression fitting. Still leaked. Tried another one. Still leaked. I was stranded at work and the leak was so bad that I got fed up and sweat soldered the joint. Didnt leak after that. This was about 30,000 miles ago. The turbo was fine for a long time, then about 6 months back I started seeing alot of thrust play in the shaft. This all started after using some Lucas oil stabilizer. Just 4 days ago I was running 23psi with quick spool and no oil consumption. Yesterday I started hearing really bad whining after getting off an offramp. Thought it was the tranny. Then it got worse and worse each day. Seems like once the oil pressure dropped, the noise would start. Never had an oil pressure gauge so I have no idea if my oil pressure is low. But Im pretty sure the oil feed line to the turbo is clogged or coked up. Its like theres no oil getting to the turbo. God only knows how much metal found its way into the motor.

if u need a turbo i have a stocker sitting here that i will send your way. just let me know and i will ship it off tomorrow.

Call me tomorrow AM & will figure away to get it to the shop.Your only a block away. I'm not busy that
day & Can install it while your at work.Meanwhile don't sweat the small stuff there will be no charge. It's not a big deal.

Call me tomorrow AM & will figure away to get it to the shop.Your only a block away. I'm not busy that
day & Can install it while your at work.Meanwhile don't sweat the small stuff there will be no charge. It's not a big deal.

now thats what u call a supporting vendor, keep it up lou:biggrin:

Lou ........

I spoke to Santa Claus, told him you'd been a good boy,
maybe you'll get something special for xmas???
way to go Lou, I'm especially proud of you !!!

Merry Christmas!

What an A-HOLE ;) ;) ;) ;)

Lou while you have his car in the shop please see what else it needs so he can get to work and back everyday. I am sure that the rest of the brothers and sister on board would be willing to help this guy out.

I have down before and the last thing you need while tring to back up is a broken down car. Let us know how much $$$ is needed and I sure we can raise it.

Thanks
BOOSTBROTHER

ok, so who else wants to step up??

I'm in for $100.
if Lou is agreeable

hey its christmas, :D

I should really proof read these before I post them. Anyway I am sure everybody can understand what I was thinking.