STOLEN: 1987 Grand National heavily modded exterior...

6LE Designs

Sometime between 5pm yesterday and 11am today my Grand National got taken from the front of my building. POSSIBLY (via social media) spotted on the 170 north headed to the 5 north last night around 11pm.

It was taken from Valley Village (near North Hollywood and Studio City) on Burbank Blvd near Cold Water... Please keep your eye out for it, any parts body wise (you'll see in the pics, it would be easy to spot) or motor parts (it's an LS swap but the cold side is powdercoated grey, the hotside wrapped in black FG, the intake powder coated black and the motor/heads/accessories all painted satin black)...

10436259_10152217956711775_4594434347458835361_n.jpg

IMG_20140522_181547.jpg

Tail lights are black now...

10646651_10152422731846775_6560659689478310791_n.jpg

1536664_10152422730471775_7068687729977376105_n.jpg

i drove by during the day and saw it sitting there on burbank bl. thinking to myself that it could get stolen right then. but it sounds like you left it there overnight which was crazy, and it did get stolen. that's a shame. i'll keep an eye out for it

Eyes out south san diego and near the border...

Walk around where it was parked. Surely there are businesses near that have cameras, red light cameras, etc.

No cameras. In front of the building because it has been broken into twice in the garage (with cameras that saw nothing). If you guys see the rims for sale somewhere I think they are one of the deadest give aways. Not a lot of CCWs this style to begin with let alone PC gloss black...

Couple things...

1. Check with OCAT (Orange County Auto Task Force)...mine was found in a garage, by them in OC, after a car ring took mine from your area as well years ago.

2. IF you hope to get a fair pay out from your ins co, take down the pics of the V8. Hurts the value........alot, and they will really low ball you since the Turbo 6 is gone.

3. Social Media- Post in IG and FB local car/racing/enthusiast groups. They seem to see a fair amount.

4. You deal with a lot of F-Body guys....have them put the word out they are looking for a turbo V8 and CCW rims for thier F-body...thief may offer them your parts.

5. Many a LEO (Cop/Sheriff/CHP) own, owned, or admire GN's and should help you a little more than the average Joe (based on personal experience)

Good luck

Ive got all of canada covered heh but sorry to hear...i had my 65 convertible chevy impala stolen off a lot here 2 weeks after insurance ran out pretty sure they shipped it to Texas. Can you post up a pic of the rims if you have thanks and gl.

Well, I can't speak highly enough about progressive... They "settled" at just shy of $32k. Pretty awesome. Going to pay off some CC's and start looking. I may be out of GNs for a bit though... need something easier to put a child seat in, just found out the wife is pregnant :). Probably going to get a 4dr Silverado then see what I can afford GN wise...

Well, I can't speak highly enough about progressive... They "settled" at just shy of $32k. Pretty awesome. Going to pay off some CC's and start looking. I may be out of GNs for a bit though... need something easier to put a child seat in, just found out the wife is pregnant :). Probably going to get a 4dr Silverado then see what I can afford GN wise...

Good for you Mark! Hope you told everyone you sold the original motor and trans ...... ? Lol