Stock Chip

chris37344

My GN is bone stock. What new chip do ya recommend to improve driveability and to increase a little performance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

my gn is pretty close to stock and I'm running the tt 5.7. It solved the low idle drivability problems caused by the original emission chip and ethanol gas of today and it woke up some additional performance. My gn would barely run on the original chip and stalled all the time. If you haven't got a scanmaster yet I highly recommend that too. Its the only way to properly tune a gn.

my gn is pretty close to stock and I'm running the tt 5.7. It solved the low idle drivability problems caused by the original emission chip and ethanol gas of today and it woke up some additional performance. My gn would barely run on the original chip and stalled all the time. If you haven't got a scanmaster yet I highly recommend that too. Its the only way to properly tune a gn.
Is the scanmaster also a tuner?

Is the scanmaster also a tuner?

The scanmaster is a diagnostic tool by itself, but when combined with a Turbotweak chip you can increase or decrease timing and fuel to tune you TR to run the best it can.
The two manufacturers collaborated to make this happen, talk about teamwork.

The scanmaster is a diagnostic tool by itself, but when combined with a Turbotweak chip you can increase or decrease timing and fuel to tune you TR to run the best it can.
The two manufacturers collaborated to make this happen, talk about teamwork.
Gotcha! What tunes would you modify on a bone stock GN if I had both chip/scanmaster?

That's the reason for the adjustable chip, every car is different.
Fuel octane, temperature, condition of parts all make a difference.
Coil pack, ign module, plug wires. Spark plugs, ground connections and all terminal connections in general all play a part.

Eric's programming is spot on, however there are cars that can benefit from a little tweaking.

Fill out the form when ordering to get the best programming.

More tweaking requires more logging equipment to make sure you don't blow a head gasket or worse.

The screenshot is the short list of tuning options and the link is the long list.

IMG_4445.PNG

http://www.turbotweak.com/turbotweakinstructions57.pdf

You should probably research the following:

Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulators
Hot-Wire Kit
New 255LPH (or greater) Fuel Pump
160 degree Thermostat

Think you might need at least a higher fuel pressure regulator with a Turbo Tweak chip.

You might also consider researching the Power Master brake system & decide if vacuum-assist or hydro-assist brakes appeal to you.

Might be a good time to develop a plan. In order to develop a plan you may have to do some reading to understand the fundamentals and ask questions to clarify the unclear. Or you can make use of the search feature which seems to have gone out of style :D.

The combination of parts you use is important. Besides helping to get the combo right having a plan/goal should help your wallet by not buying parts you soon outgrow shortly after you install them.

Might be a good time to develop a plan. In order to develop a plan you may have to do some reading to understand the fundamentals and ask questions to clarify the unclear. Or you can make use of the search feature which seems to have gone out of style :D.

The combination of parts you use is important. Besides helping to get the combo right having a plan/goal should help your wallet by not buying parts you soon outgrow shortly after you install them.
Thanks guys for the responses. You guys are pros! I just want mine to run a bit better and smoother. I'm not looking for racing performance.

I put Eric's 5.7 chip in my stock '87 GN. Drove around about 20 minutes to let it "learn" and noticed an immediate difference in driveability -- much smoother, idles better. A very good bang for the buck. A worthwhile investment in my opinion.

I put Eric's 5.7 chip in my stock '87 GN. Drove around about 20 minutes to let it "learn" and noticed an immediate difference in driveability -- much smoother, idles better. A very good bang for the buck. A worthwhile investment in my opinion.
Nice! I may get that then. Mine has a rough idle. Thanks bro. You answered my question.

I never hadaTTchip but had a few extender chips burned as I changed things so I can’t comment but thecemxtender chips by Bob Bailey, the designer and builder of the scan-master have been great.