Stock boost pressure?

on my stock T with stock exhaust, intake, a NON adjustable waste gate rod, stock CHIP and NO mods what so ever,

i saw 15 psi on my VDO boost gauge.

factory info states that its 14.7 psi but who can see .3 psi on a boost gauge:p

Originally posted by KillrV6

factory info states that its 14.7 psi but who can see .3 psi on a boost gauge:p

What factory info????? Sure, that's what was set in the chip, but that was to achieve their desired setting of 12#. Remember, the chips boost file is open loop, and really means nothing.

I've always read that it was ~15lbs also.

Mine made 14 - 15 lbs when it was stock.

Nope, actually the factory boost was 12# off the show room floor. As set in the brochures of the day also.

I'm not saying that some didn't go higher, especially the second or subsequent owners after adjustable wastegate actuators were added to so many in the early days.

The factory boost gauge has always been totally unreliable, and only goes to 15# to begin with.

<uglywork> this discussion about stock boost has come up on the board. I know it varied a little but dude is saying it was 12psi from the factory. I thought it was a little higher than that on 86/87?
<Kendall> 14-15, usually

;)

It may depend on where you are reading boost levels. I know for a fact the 87 GNs were rated 15#, but was that at the intake manifold? Mine reads 12 there...