Stock boost gauge issue

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Don't really care about the reading on it but trying to figure out an issue with my alky gauge i got from Julio at Alkycontrol. Stock gauge has started to show 5 lbs of boost at idle at the same time the alky gauge stopped
Working. I am running a stainless steel MAP sensor and thinking that might have taken a dump. First thought it was the transducer for Alkycontrol gauge but if the dash gauge is acting up it might be the MAP. Test button stalls
Motor so I know the pump works but don't think the pump is working while driving. Getting knock which I never had. Sure Miss my old mechanical gauge I used to run

Do you have access to a regular GM 3 bar MAP? Probably the easiest way to test.

No on the stock MAP , pretty sure it is a wiring or MAP sensor issue just need to poke around when time allows. Boost turned way down for now. So while driving neither the power injection light or the alky light do not come on. When pushing the test button it does stall out the motor so I know the pump is working.

How old's the kit? Mine was over 10 years old when I decided to start fresh. The new system is more streamlined.

Sounds like your PAC controller has given up the ghost. If the light still comes on the dial controller and it has power going to it, and it doesn't light up the power ignition bulb on the dash and the led light on the boost gauge, the brain (being the PAC controller) is compromised.

Probably about 10 years too. Just put a new pump in for maintenance only. Noticed my alky gauge acting weird, was holding pressure with system off. Would still work when I pushed the test button to show a little pressure and car would stall so know pump was working. LED light and power injection light would light up for test but not when driving and getting into boost. Not to mention showing knock on Scanmaster so turned boost way down. What really clued me in to a problem is seeing the stock boost gauge holding at 5 lbs with key on motor off which has never happened. Have 2.095 volts on the wire from the MAP sensor which is a stainless steel unit. Don't remember if it is a AEM or SSI one. Been talking to Julio and says the voltage should be at 1.6 volts and could be a ground issue. Have to do some more investigation on it. No fun not being able to get into the boost. All my connections are soldered so not sure what is going on. I've had about 3 transducers fail for the gauge Julio used to sell but don't think the MAP would mess up. Actually miss my old mechanical alky gauge I had mounted next to my fuel pressure gauge on the hood.

Have you tried the test kit? You could see if that part of the system is working correct.

If you need to borrow an accurate gauge with pressure regulator and accurate voltmeter I can help you troubleshoot the MAP sensor.

Assuming you have a compressor, otherwise I have an air tank as well.

Attachments

• OmegaTestGaugeandRegulator.jpg
    OmegaTestGaugeandRegulator.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 35