Stock Axles

MCH86GN

At what power level does one need to consider before upgrading the axles or are there other factors involved? Set up in signature and I'm looking for a mid 10s pass. Car weight with me in it 3750lbs.

At what power level does one need to consider before upgrading the axles or are there other factors involved? Set up in signature and I'm looking for a mid 10s pass. Car weight with me in it 3750lbs.
its really how the car leaves with the weight and how fast you appy the power and your intentions for the pass.when the car is going 1.4/1.5 60fts a 3700+it should have a set of 28 spline and a posi.mine had the waves when i pulled them and my friend snapped his.at the time the cars were running 10s and 1.4 60fts and needed to hammer the 1st part of the track to run the number.now if your going to leave soft 1.7/1.8 60ft and appy the power later for your 10 sec pass the heavy duty stuff isnt needed.

hitting the 60 and 330 hard at 3800lbs we found that a 28spline and a posi was all that was needed in the 10 sec range

in the research ive done no one really has a good answer. my opinion is if you start dipping in the tens or want to run a trans brake a good set of axles should be on the to do list.

its really how the car leaves with the weight and how fast you appy the power and your intentions for the pass.when the car is going 1.4/1.5 60fts a 3700+it should have a set of 28 spline and a posi.mine had the waves when i pulled them and my friend snapped his.at the time the cars were running 10s and 1.4 60fts and needed to hammer the 1st part of the track to run the number.now if your going to leave soft 1.7/1.8 60ft and appy the power later for your 10 sec pass the heavy duty stuff isnt needed.
Thus far my best launch, with old combo was 1.79s 60' time. Not sure of the posi I have as it is aftermarket. I will not be using a transbrake, so I'm unlikely to ever to see a 60' time better than 1.6s. I still have a stock brake setup and so far with my old combo it was all that I needed. But with my new setup, who knows. I'm also still running a stock driveshaft, with good u-joints. I can't remember the name but the number in them was 1350.

Thanks. Maybe I'll upgrade them next year.

I will not be using a transbrake, so I'm unlikely to ever to see a 60' time better than 1.6s
60ft is based on power and traction.a properly setup car can 60ft just as good off the footbrake as on a transbrake,its all about the combo.